Space Oddity, covered from the International Space Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Oddity, covered from the International Space Station

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Brilliant

Comment

Now that is cool.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Wait.

They got a guitar into space?

****ing awesome.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I'm happy, hope you're happy tooooo
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

too many lyrical changes. would downvote.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

i'll raise you this:

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                too many lyrical changes. would downvote.
                I'm pretty sure NASA wouldn't appreciate a song about an astronaut dying a horrible death.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

That was my thought as well.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

doesn't matter guy, that song's a classic. that's like having a soldier cut a version of "where have all the flowers gone?" but remove all the uncomfortable anti-military subtext. it's a good song, and not the song's fault that nasa is paranoid about its image.

Comment

i mean are you actually advocating for what is essentially jingoism?

Comment

Um, what's the point of NASA if not national dickwaving?
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I am advocating whatever NASA can do to raise its profile/awareness of space exploration in the general public.

I am also pretty sure that Mr. Bowie doesn't mind in the least, and probably thinks it is ****ing awesome.
                          Last edited by Guynemer; May 12, 2013, 20:54.

Comment

HC:

Guy: i don't deny either point, but it makes me wonder where the ret-conning will end.

Comment

Ret-conning?

I mean, come on. Anyone who sees this video will almost certainly be familiar with the original song, recognize the changes, and recognize the reasons for said changes.

Don't be such a Debbie Downer. (Coming from me, of all people!)

Comment

Working...
                              X