We are not amused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are not amused

At a routine check (EKG) it was discovered that I might have left ventricular hypertrophy. It seems like it's mostly young athletes or people that does aerobic exercise or strength training - I'm doing neither of these, so it really pisses me of that such should hit me
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Healthy cardiac hypertrophy (physiologic hypertrophy or "athlete's heart") is the normal response to healthy exercise or pregnancy,[5] which results in an increase in the heart's muscle mass and pumping ability. Trained athletes have hearts that have left ventricular mass up to 60% greater than untrained subjects.
    Unhealthy cardiac hypertrophy (pathological hypertrophy) is the response to stress or disease such as hypertension, heart muscle injury (myocardial infarction), heart failure or neurohormones
    Two kinds it appears. Been stressed out for a while have you?
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
      Two kinds it appears. Been stressed out for a while have you?

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

He goes around all day every day with his shorts in a wad. Doesn't that sound like stress to you?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
          At a routine check (EKG) it was discovered that I might have left ventricular hypertrophy. It seems like it's mostly young athletes or people that does aerobic exercise or strength training - I'm doing neither of these, so it really pisses me of that such should hit me
          Exercise, right? Damned if you don't, damned if you do.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Sorry to hear this BC. How old are you?

Best wishes and good luck. I hope this can be managed and you live for many years.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oh, sure. You're decent to BlackCat. That's just ****ing lovely.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Give Pekka your brain on the way out BC..
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

We are not amused.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    Sorry to hear this BC. How old are you?

Best wishes and good luck. I hope this can be managed and you live for many years.
                    Well, I hope too

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      Oh, sure. You're decent to BlackCat. That's just ****ing lovely.
                      what's wrong tex ? Sava is just a nice version of Mobby and quite reasonable.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                        Give Pekka your brain on the way out BC..
                        And make an intelligent finn ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Sorry to hear it; hang in there, BlackCat.

I'm 59 and have had my problems, but all correctable so far...nothing like this (knock on wood). I look at you, Sloww, some of the Polytubbies we've lost, and I feel very fortunate.
                          Wishing you the best, man.
                          Last edited by -Jrabbit; April 26, 2013, 21:58.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

okay if this is serious, I thought not sorry BC - get well soon, we care about you
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

No fun, joke or the like - deadly serious

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X