We are not amused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear this BC.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Well BC...I didn't realize that you had actually had a heart attack. I had mine in 2005 at 42 years old. Similar to yours, there wasn't any significant damage. I got a stint and life long prescription regimen. Things have been just fine since then. Sorry to hear that they are not perfect for you. Wishing you the best!
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
        At a routine check (EKG) it was discovered that I might have left ventricular hypertrophy. It seems like it's mostly young athletes or people that does aerobic exercise or strength training - I'm doing neither of these, so it really pisses me of that such should hit me
        Sorry to hear it, man.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
          Well BC...I didn't realize that you had actually had a heart attack. I had mine in 2005 at 42 years old. Similar to yours, there wasn't any significant damage. I got a stint and life long prescription regimen. Things have been just fine since then. Sorry to hear that they are not perfect for you. Wishing you the best!
          42 - yikes - I thought it was bad enough to get one at 52.

Well, it might sound crazy, but if this not yet confirmed test are true, it may make more sense. I have been a bit confused about why I did have heart problems - I'm normal weight, don't eat ****ty food, have a reasonable cholesterol number and the docs couldn't find a clear culprit (ie blockage). For the moment, I'm on a standard regime for a standard heart attack, but if this could make treatment more specific, I would feel better.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Damn, we should start a survived heart attack club.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              Sorry to hear it, man.
              Thanks. Btw, if I ever get to california, I'll expect you to make me a guided tour to the zinfandel wineyards in your area
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                41 for me.

Comment

what's wrong tex ? Sava is just a nice version of Mobby and quite reasonable.
                  See, now you've put me into a quandary. I want to wish you well, but now I feel duty bound to live up to my wholly undeserved online persona of being a complete bastard...

What am I to do?
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Get well soon!
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                      See, now you've put me into a quandary. I want to wish you well, but now I feel duty bound to live up to my wholly undeserved online persona of being a complete bastard...

What am I to do?
                      Pure selfdefense - wouldn't risk getting a heart attack if you posted something nice

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I have been a bit confused about why I did have heart problems -

Sometimes it's just down to genes or environment- those lucky Piedmontese families, for instance. I developed familial hypercholesterolaemia only in my mid-forties, and gallstone problems in my late 40s, with no previous sign of either.

I've always thought of you as one of Poly's Great Danes, so please stay hale and, err, hearty. So you can then explain to me why Denmark is producing great films such as 'Kongekabale' and great television such as 'Borgen'.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Get well.

Borgen
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Panic cancelled

An ultrasound scanning today revealed no sign of LVH - actually it looked nice and normal and ticked like a swiss watch.

This of course means that Mobby can return to his normal childish mode

@Molly. Totally missed your post, sorry. Though, despite your nice words, I can't explain why there have been a string of good danish (and swedish) movies in the last decade or so Can only say that in the same period there have been a similar large number of authors in both countries.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Good deal.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

nice
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X