Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another fight ahead - this time it's for the title!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pekka,

I hate that this is happening to you. I hope that no matter how much time you have, that you live up every single second of it.

Comment

Originally posted by korn469 View Post
      Pekka,

I hate that this is happening to you. I hope that no matter how much time you have, that you live up every single second of it.
      To tell you the truth, there's only two things that are wrong about this situation: 1) it's coming down on me too early so I don't get to see my kids grow up and be there for them, 2) if I have to go this early, I could pick up a looooot of ways I'd prefer to this one... this would make my top 10 ways not to go I'd guess...

I love everyone as well. Except punks.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Crap, what bad luck Pekka Still, I'm sure you can beat it one more time!

In the time being, I'm sure you'll get much more out of your next couple of years than most people get in a decade or two
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I think my best chances is as follows:

1) Make sure to eat and exercise correctly in order to:
          - Have the best immune system possible I can at this point
          - Reduce the amount of inflammation to the minimum
          - Just be in the maximum best health I can to slow down the growth or in case that fails, be at the shape of my life to handle the fight

2) Find a way to reduce stress, I have lots of it
          - Lower blood pressure
          - Be happier
          - Let my body rest for the fight, reduce inflammation

3) Enjoy stuff
          - Find my own time to do stuff I enjoy, not just work work work

4) Meditate and do spiritual stuff
          - Find myself once again, I'm obviously out of touch of who I used to be and where I come from... at least to the point of getting to know myself again
          - Find some inner peace, or at least have moments of silence
          - Escape from the busy and noisy world
          good game plan, diet and exercise (and sunshine) are the first line of defense.

aspirin for inflammation and work up a regular sweat to detoxify (coffee enemas anyone? )

the problem for us all is the stress, how to deal with it and a good workout helps. I dont know what your doc thinks about this but a study recently suggested moderate alcohol intake may help breast cancer survivors, possibly by reducing stress. So maybe some wine or good beer each day after a workout

it aint over till its over, "natural" remission does happen and I'd expect it to happen more frequently with younger people.

Comment

My dad changed his habits a lot after his tumours, and I think that his lifestyle change helped a lot with his recovery (never mind that he was lucky as well).

He bought a motorcycle and a boat (both things he loved to do when he was younger but stopped after me and my siblings were born), and I think that his job also helped (he runs his own business with two friends).
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Uhh... did not read this thread yet, but good luck! and the game plan is great. Try to dig for more opinions as well, as the medical world is what it is, and there is a fair chance that some useful information may exist somewhere else.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

You have the most amazing positive attitude Pekka! I doff my hat to you. You knocked it down once, you can do it again.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Thank you everyone, I love you all.

Today, I made one dream come true and bought that motorcycle I wanted!!! Yes!!

Also, as far as that stress thing goes - I think there's lot to it. Even if it would not cure my illness, it's still an important thing... keep that blood pressure down, keep my hormones working. I'm seeking optimal level of health otherwise. At least I will be, soon, fighting this again with the best level of fitness I've had.

Moderate alcohol usage is what I do, by that I mean I have a glass of red wine like ... 3 times a week or so. It relaxes a lot and isn't too bad for the health, maybe the opposite.

I'm thinking of doing some other things in moderation that seem to have an affect on brain cancers in particular - though I'd have to be creative to help myself with it... it would be frowned upon in this country. However, I say screw them, I'm not saying how to fight a war for others either. You do the best you can as long as you aren't hurting anyone else or taking their share of opportunities. I'm not saying glaucoma.

Horror aside, there's the other side of the coin, which is total and utter freedom. Also, I can face my horror directly. I know my beast.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Realizing dreams
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Why don't you guys make one dream come true by the end of this month as well? Everyone can, just make one of them smaller dreams come true if others aren't feasible right now.

I'm going to ask my family about their dreams and will do them too. It's not like we'll run out of dreams
                      In da butt.

Comment

Pekka, you're one of the great 7 Deadly Finns- that tumour won't know what's hit it, taking you on. I'll be playing the accordion for you during your wrestling match.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Pekka, you will not die because of this tumor. Not directly. No, the tumor shall transform you from SUPERCITIZEN to EVIL CITIZEN, you shall commit various heinous misdeeds and how you shall really die is in a hail of bullets after a 132-days siege of your grand mansion beside one of Finland's many glorious lakes.

No, seriously, it sucks. Make the most of the time you have left, as I'm sure you will.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Pekka. I hope you will get through this again. I don't know what else to say. I feel for you...
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I have time so I can make some more time. I'm fighting.

I know statistics. So yeah... but you know, I'll be riding my new motorcycle soon. What can I say? I'm happy

And friends, I'm NOT giving up. Just getting ready to fight more.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Also, as far as that stress thing goes - I think there's lot to it. Even if it would not cure my illness, it's still an important thing... keep that blood pressure down, keep my hormones working.
                                I assume stress (and inflammation) matters, but if eliminating or reducing it aint the cure then it probably aint the cause either. It weakens cells and maybe that helps the cancer to grow. I recently read that while vit C makes cells stronger it also helps cancer cells for the same reason. Go figure... So maybe stress weakens cancer cells too, chemo and radiation seek to kill the cancer cells off with stress before too many good cells. But I'm beginning to think the key is hormonal, I imagine your docs are on top of that but if there is a cure to be found soon it'll likely be from the discovery of a hormone imbalance or receptor malfunction that can be corrected or improved.

Comment

Working...
                                X