Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinner talk. What did you have for dinner today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hc go take my garbage out for me
    please
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Bit of a long drive to Chicago from Pittsburgh, man. You sure you can't do it yourself? I suppose I could fly but it'd be expensive and still take several hours.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

BUT I AM LAZY
        okay listen to this
        first i have to go downstairs and get a bag
        then i have to collect from all the cans because i didn't last week
        then i have to dump out the kitchen, garbage and recyclign
        then i have to carry all this **** to the curb
        AND ITS DARK

here watch this
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢ View Post
          I had Nasi Goreng.
          The Nazi Goring!

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ohhh **** that corn is not doing good things for my digestive tract ****!

Comment

take a picture before you wipe
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                No, but 6 eggs, a quarter pound of cheddar cheese and 3 slices of bread could feed you for 1.25 a day in 2001
                All of this for $1.25? That's not possible.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Sure it is, if you go to the right grocery stores and buy in bulk quantities.

Comment

And don't live in Quebec where they have subsidies and regulations and other bull**** to make you buy local.

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    take a picture before you wipe
                    I chugged some pepto bismol at the right moment, nothing remarkable sorry.

Comment

• if you don't mind eating a plant based diet, you can grow enough fruits, veggies, and legumes for yourself in 100 sq ft room... aside from initial set up costs, your recurring costs are minimal... blue and red LED lights

dutch researchers managed to cram enough into a 2400 ft space to supposedly feed 100,000+ people

science
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        And don't live in Quebec where they have subsidies and regulations and other bull**** to make you buy local.

I chugged some pepto bismol at the right moment, nothing remarkable sorry.
                        i send pictures of my glorious dumps to my friends and family
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                          I got eggs at under 1$ a dozen (depending on the day, could be as cheap as 69 cents) cheese at 2$ a pound, and the cheapest bread available.

I used to go to the IGA on st mark's and...I believe maisonneuve
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                            if you don't mind eating a plant based diet, you can grow enough fruits, veggies, and legumes for yourself in 100 sq ft room... aside from initial set up costs, your recurring costs are minimal... blue and red LED lights

dutch researchers managed to cram enough into a 2400 ft space to supposedly feed 100,000+ people

science
                            ecofarm?!

Also, no. You'd need a ****ton of special fertilizer that would allow you to grow with hydroponics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                              Eggs are cheap. To this day you can buy, even in California, a dozen eggs for $0.85 if you buy them on sale. Sure, they'll be AA instead of the AAA (so they're not as large) but they'll work. The cheese would be harder as quality cheese costs money but even now 3lbs of good aged domestic cheddar (not great but not the cheapest either) is ~$13 at a store like Smart & Final and it might be cheaper at some other place. The cheap high water content cheddar, which isn't aged and which turns kind of soggy at room temperature, can be had for ~$8 for a 3lb block. Assuming a person bought it in bulk and portioned it up though you could still make the $1.25 mark pretty easy. Hell, they practically give away some food.

I've always thought bread was something worth paying more for and I've noticed Food 4 Less's double sized loaves of bread to be a pretty good bargain for two for $4 but if you don't mind low quality loaves that are full of air holes (and they call it "improved bread", HA!) than even I can find them for $0.79 even in high price California. Potatoes, they practically give away, cost $0.99 for 10 lbs while gold onions cost $0.99 for 5lbs. Rice is cheap ~$7.50 for a 20lb bag of the low quality stuff and ~$14 for the high quality stuff. Veggies cost more, much more, but if you buy what's on sale and in season then you'd be amazed how you can make a dollar stretch. Personally, I'm too lazy to bother getting the lowest prices now and these days I do most of my shopping at where it is convenient but back when I was unemployed and living on unemployment (back in 2004) I was able to make a dollar stretch nicely with coupons, watching sales, and simply shopping around. Now days people have phone apps which help you price match for lower prices, find coupons, and inform you about deals so it should be even easier even if stores have made their coupon policies less generous and if inflation has brought prices up a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                                I got eggs at under 1$ a dozen (depending on the day, could be as cheap as 69 cents) cheese at 2$ a pound, and the cheapest bread available.

I used to go to the IGA on st mark's and...I believe maisonneuve
                                $2 per pound would be hard to find these days but I bet you could find that 10 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X