A Dying Veteran's Letter to Bush and Cheney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    I'm not talking about an expectation to be able to pass judgement on individual orders (although it's worth noting that soldiers HAVE to do this to a degree. Nuremburg established that obeying orders is not a legal defense against wrongdoing). I'm talking about the reasonable expectation that the commander in chief and military leaders will carry out military policy that is in the countries best interests. Without that expectation, you can expect no loyalty or dedication from your servicemen and women. The military is not supposed to be a nationalized mercenary army.
    I'm not talking about an expectation to be able to pass judgement on individual orders (although it's worth noting that soldiers HAVE to do this to a degree. Nuremburg established that obeying orders is not a legal defense against wrongdoing). I'm talking about the reasonable expectation that the commander in chief and military leaders will carry out military policy that is in the countries best interests. Without that expectation, you can expect no loyalty or dedication from your servicemen and women. The military is not supposed to be a nationalized mercenary army.
    WE HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME

who do you think you are?
    ****ing jon miller?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
      Disabled vets have the same First Amendment rights as anyone else. Unlike snivelling sacks of **** like you, they've actually earned it, so pack your holier-than-thou trolling up your ass. You've stretched it out enough with your cranium, it'll fit.

You ran you mouth like that in person to a disabled vet in front of me, and you'd be exercising your "rights" through a random series of moans and flops when your bed pan gets changed or your feeding tube gets cleaned out. It's used up asswipes like you that make democracy worthless.
      You're ****ing incredible dude. How can you bemoan first amendment rights and threaten to beat me up for what I say? You ****ing hypocrite. You are the worst piece of **** that I have ever known to exist.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        So I take it passive aggressively speaking about one's morals is just fine with you then. What's the problem with honestly doing it in a way that doesn't shift the blame on others?
        Nothing is wrong with that if it were his choice. His choice was different...you disagree with it. That is not a reason to vilify him. Personally, I disagree with him as well. However, I respect his right to do what he is doing. and Kid...it IS his right. He must suffer the consequences of what he says if there are any.

You, equally, have the right to feel as you do. However, you must suffer the consequences of what you say as well.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

You're ****ing incredible dude. How can you bemoan first amendment rights and threaten to beat me up for what I say? You ****ing hypocrite. You are the worst piece of **** that I have ever known to exist.
          MTG is not disputing your right...he is detailing your consequences.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
            violence is for uneducated twonks
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

So I take it passive aggressively speaking about one's morals is just fine with you then. What's the problem with honestly doing it in a way that doesn't shift the blame on others?
              Only, this veteran was not being passive-aggressive.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                Only, this veteran was not being passive-aggressive.
                words are for pussies
                real men punch you in the face
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And you aren't lying. You're telling the story your own way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    words are for pussies
                    real men punch you in the face
                    This

Comment

So, if I held a gun at someone's head, and I tell him that he is free to say anything he wants on a particular issue, but I tell him that the consequence of him expressing anything I disagree with, will result in him being shot and killed, I'm still not denying him his right? Just detailing the consequences?
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Let me spell it out for you Plato. By your own words when someone joins the military they agree to do whatever they are told. This guy made that decision. That's his choice and action. It's passive aggressive to then blame another person for his own choice and action, just because you don't like the results. It's despicable.

Comment

I'm talking about the reasonable expectation that the commander in chief and military leaders will carry out military policy that is in the countries best interests. Without that expectation, you can expect no loyalty or dedication from your servicemen and women. The military is not supposed to be a nationalized mercenary army.
                          Interests defined by.... ?

After all, even a cursory look at American history will show plenty of wars fought to defend economic interests. Iraq wasn't exactly a surprise here.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Let me spell it out for you Plato. By your own words when someone joins the military they agree to do whatever they are told. This guy made that decision. That's his choice and action. It's passive aggressive to then blame another person for his own choice and action, just because you don't like the results. It's despicable.
                            He signed that contract 10 years ago and fulfilled his obligation. Now he feels differently. What's the problem?

Hint: You will need a mirror on this one.

Comment

He signed that contract 10 years ago and fulfilled his obligation. Now he feels differently. What's the problem?

Hint: You will need a mirror on this one.
                              Of course he feels different, because he's dying. In truth he regrets his own decision, but he isn't being truthful, is he?

Comment

Of course he feels different, because he's dying. In truth he regrets his own decision, but he isn't being truthful, is he?
                                how would I know if he is being truthful? How would you? His statement is his statement.

The truth is that you disagree with his conclusions so you attempt to vilify him, isn't it?

I disagree with his conclusions as well, but respect his right to have them and publish them however he chooses.

Comment

Working...
                                X