No announcement yet.

A Dying Veteran's Letter to Bush and Cheney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep moving your goal posts. It's good for some chuckles.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
      Keep moving your goal posts. It's good for some chuckles.
      Did you miss the part where I said this guy killed innocent people?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

You don't know how propaganda works in leading young people to enlist in the military, do you?
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Indoctination is a given, but it's no excuse for sin.

Comment

You're an idiot.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ask youself, "why wasn't Martin Luther King Jr. indoctrinated by propaganda?

Comment

This guy doesn't even blame the system like Martin Luther King Jr did. That would place at least some blame on himself, but he doesn't even have the balls to do that. So he only blames particular individuals. The guy is a coward. If he thought the war was immoral he should have resisted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                  Not reading it this time.

I dont' want to be even more emotionally swayed against the position that the iraq war was a bad decision.

JM
                  Has he already swayed you against your previously held position to allow gay marriage?
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Kid, we went to war on Saddam, how does that make the victims innocent?
                    he was enforcing our laws... you want our laws enforced, right?
                    you're especially fond of the drug war and plenty of people have died from that

Comment

• No, I do not simply want our laws obeyed. If a law in unjust I don't want people to obey it. If a war is unjust I don't want people to fight it. More to the point, if they do, I want them to either take the blame or blame the system, not your political opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        This guy doesn't even blame the system like Martin Luther King Jr did. That would place at least some blame on himself, but he doesn't even have the balls to do that. So he only blames particular individuals. The guy is a coward. If he thought the war was immoral he should have resisted.
                        He's blaming the individuals that started the war. If they had found WsMD or any accurate Al-Queda link, maybe he wouldn't be so bitter. The reasons they used for war, were pure BS, that's why he's pissed.

I'm sure he does blame himself, but at least he can get answers from himself, unlike Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld, he doesn't need an open letter to himself.

ACK!
                        Last edited by Tuberski; March 22, 2013, 20:09. Reason: corrected bad spelling
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• The thing is his assumption that only individuals lie, not the system. I'm not buying it. For myself, at first, I supported the war simply because of the accusation of WMD. Then I was against it because there was no evidence of such weapons. But I blamed myself because I believed a lie. I didn't blame the people who told the lie. Everyone lies. And now I support the war because it is good that Saddam is dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                            He's blaming the individuals that started the war. If they had found WsMD or any accurate Al-Queda link, maybe he wouldn't be so bitter. The reasons they used for war, were pure BS, that's why he's pissed.

I'm sure he does blame himself, but at least he can get answer from himself, unlike Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld, he does need an open letter to himself.

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              The thing is his assumption that only individuals lie, not the system. I'm not buying it. For myself, at first, I supported the war simply because of the accusation of WMD. Then I was against it because there was no evidence of such weapons. But I blamed myself because I believed a lie. I didn't blame the people who told the lie. Everyone lies. And now I support the war because it is good that Saddam is dead.
                              the king is dead, long live the king

what is the system without individuals

I dont blame "the system", I blame the individuals who pushed us into the war. This guy signed up for Al Qaeda just like Pat Tillman, and Bush stood on the ruins of an attack he was too incompetent to prevent and declared war on Al Qaeda, not Iraq. It was an act of fraud committed against the world, our country, and especially against the men and women (and their families and friends) who joined the military in the weeks and months following 9/11

and your drug war is immoral

Comment

• The very thing about the system is that it blames individuals when it is to blame. People like this are too blame, but he is presented as a hero. Bull****.

Comment

Working...
                                X