Things to do while too sick to sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do while too sick to sleep

The past couple days I've been consoling myself by downing Benedryl and watching one of my website's hosts' maintenance log. I've found it works well to pretend I am watching my body's immune system's twitter feed. Also, it has given me a new level of empathy for those posting in this thread. It's obvious now what the problem is ...

(This log is by no means anywhere near complete, at least 14 pairs of "downs" and "ups" in the past 24 hours by my email notification count ... and this is day 4 of the saga ... what a train wreck ... I can't bring myself to stop watching.)

Wednesday, March 6, 2013
    Chicago-E SAN 1

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:21 AM (GMT) - SAN 1 went offline. Level 3 engineers will have this online as soon as possible. Estimated fix time 1 hour.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:36 AM (GMT) - SAN is online. We are booting virtual servers now.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:00 AM (GMT) – Most virtual servers are online now and running. Level 3 is working on booting the rest of them.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:04 PM (GMT) -We will be migrating data from CHI-E SAN1 to a new faster SAN. During this there will be a total downtime of 5-10 minutes per VM. These migrations will be done outside of office hours. There will be no data loss or IP changes during this.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:33 PM (GMT) – SAN 1 is offline again.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:23PM (GMT) – We are currently migrating customers off of SAN1 onto a replacement SAN. We do not have a current ETA, but we are working to move customers off of this SAN as quickly as possible. We expect the majority of services to be up within the next 2-4 hours.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:09 PM (GMT) – We are still working on this migration from SAN 1 to a new SAN. Thank you for your patience.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 4:22 PM (GMT) – 25% of VM’s are migrated and booted. ETA 4-5 hours to restoration.
    I also started arguing with people on Facebook about why Monsanto and GM crops are so awesome (my position). For some inexplicable reason I have received more tldrs and haters there today than romantic interest from prospective females.

What do you do when you're too sick to sleep? And how can I get females to say something other than "tldr" to me on Facebook?

Civ, or TF2
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I also started arguing with people on Facebook about why Monsanto and GM crops are so awesome (my position). For some inexplicable reason I have received more tldrs and haters there today than romantic interest from prospective females.
      Facebook is the biggest human failure in the history of the world.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Civ 4, marathon speed/ huge world.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

sex
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

SPAM
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              What do you do when you're too sick to sleep?
              Watch good horror films, or ghost stories, or history documentaries. Oh, and the Swedish 'Wallander' series. If I'm up to reading, I read encyclopaedias or dictionaries.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                Oh, and the Swedish 'Wallander' series.
                I once watched 'Zoolander' while I had a fever.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                  I once watched 'Zoolander' while I had a fever.
                  I think watching 'Zoolander' gave me one.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

That is an ambiguous statement that could be read many ways

Comment

so is your face
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's very important to me to have sex when I am sick.
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Maybe 2 cups of milk may help you to get to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                            It's very important to me to have sex when I am sick.
                            Not with the clap, one hopes.... or chancroid, weeping sores, syphilis, et cetera....

Comment

Working...
                            X