Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

United sucks. Stuck in the land of incarcerated governors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United sucks. Stuck in the land of incarcerated governors.

Yes folks that's right I'm stuck in the lovely city that is Chicago as my flight here from Rochester was delayed by a full three goddamn hours AFTER I boarded the plane. Yeah, I sat there with it on the tarmac much longer than I sat there with it in the air. Naturally I missed my connection.

So the question is this: has anyone ever had a positive experience with United Airlines? Because I can't remember a time when they haven't ****ed me over.

And **** you Butch O'Hare you can shove that medal of honor up your ass because O'Hare Intl sucks ****.

I was stranded at O'Hare for 24 hours last year. Not a cloud in the mother****ing sky.

**** that place.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Being anywhere in Chicago in February probably sucks ****.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Been stuck in O'Hare before as well. Not fun The place is evil, I tell you. Its evil is only exceeded by LaGuardia and JFK apparently.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          Been stuck in O'Hare before as well. Not fun The place is evil, I tell you. Its evil is only exceeded by LaGuardia and JFK apparently.
          I got stuck in LaGuardia once for 7 hours. The gate was small and crowded as hell. Some asswipe with a deathly cold kept sneezing everywhere. Kept my head in my shirt and cussed for hours.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
            Being anywhere in Chicago in February probably sucks ****.
            Well it can't be worse than Rochester in February so there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              Well it can't be worse than Rochester in February so there's that.
              Point taken!

Comment

Sorry you've had a bad travel day, Regex. Here's Louis CK for some perspective on your inconvenience:

"Everything is amazing and nobody is happy" by Meowbay

BTW, for evil airports, I have to go with DFW. Horrific design.

Not that I'm defending O'Hare; it's probably just better when you live here, since you're never connecting. Plus, there are actually some decent restaurants these days. I routinely leave time for breakfast at Tortas Frontera when flying early, but that's Terminal 3 (American).

United vs American is the age-old question around here. Bottom line: both suck eggs for the most part -- as does the entire effing air travel industry ever since Gulf War I. But at least I'm Gold status on American, which buys me (allegedly) faster check-in, earlier boarding, exit-row legroom, and free checked bags. Looking at it that way, I'm kind of locked in...

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your trip.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I have to go with LAX for bad design, also the new Denver airport is not exactly special. I remember coming into Chicago one time from Shanghai and there were literally 10,000 foreign visitors waiting to go through customs and they were blocking the citizen lines off. Nightmare city, but I doubt you see the international terminal there.

Never been hosed by united, but like -JR, I have gold status on American, which makes it nice to get a good seat on the Pacific flights.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

in all of my travels over the last fifteen years, i can assuredly say that the six days i've spent delayed in newark are a sign that god does not exist.

**** Newark, NJ.
                    **** Continental airlines.
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                      I got stuck in LaGuardia once for 7 hours. The gate was small and crowded as hell. Some asswipe with a deathly cold kept sneezing everywhere. Kept my head in my shirt and cussed for hours.
                      Also been stuck at LaGuardia for many hours quite a few times. Never neatly enough seats.

I did meet Romeo Dallaire once because of it though.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Southwest

Midway
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Nope, United pretty much has always sucked.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

And I'm stuck going back too, this time because a flight attendant failed to show up. What the ****.

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                              in all of my travels over the last fifteen years, i can assuredly say that the six days i've spent delayed in newark are a sign that god does not exist.

**** Newark, NJ.
                              **** Continental airlines.
                              The feedlot they call the Continental (United) Express Gates at the business end of terminal A?
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X