Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

United sucks. Stuck in the land of incarcerated governors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I flew from Kansas City to Greenville/Spartansburg SC, and took connecting flights to Dulles (out) and Houston (back), just to avoid Chicago in February.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
      And I'm stuck going back too, this time because a flight attendant failed to show up. What the ****.
      Don't you just love that? Can't go without the ****ing steward/stewardess!

**** YOU, UNITED. EAT A DICK.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

To be fair, I think that's a federal regulation.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It's probably FAA regulations or some bull**** but yes I would totally forego the ****ty food to be able to actually get to my ****ing destination on time.

Or at all, because now my flight is CANCELLED.

Comment

Seriously, this stuff happens to everyone. Stop freaking out like a child and try to resolve the problem.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Booked at 6:55 am tomorrow. Hooray...

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                Seriously, this stuff happens to everyone. Stop freaking out like a child and try to resolve the problem.
                Easier said than done, friend.

This is what happened to my wife and I last summer:

Connect through Chicago on our way back home to Columbus. Arrived 8AM, connection left at 10AM. Beautiful sunny day, not a cloud in the sky.

Then, while waiting at our departure gate, flight is suddenly, without any warning or hint, cancelled. No explanation is given. We, and everyone else, is instructed to go to the customer service desk to reschedule.

Stand in line for two hours (?!) to take care of that problem. Rescheduled for a 7PM departure. They give us $20 worth of food vouchers for our trouble.

By the time 7PM rolls around, clouds are gathering, and rain begins. Flight is first delayed, then cancelled outright. We are shunted to a 12AM departure, while we manage to get on standby on an American Airlines flight at 9. That is also cancelled.

You can see where this is going. At 1AM, our final flight is cancelled. Moreover, because that flight was cancelled because of "an act of God" (weather), they are under zero obligation to provide any sort of lodging voucher or compensation of any kind. (Nevermind the three previous cancellations, as those apparently matter none at all.) Not that it would matter at that point, because there are no hotels with any vacancy within a 30 minute cab ride, nor are there any available cots to sleep on in the airport.

Oh, also all flights from Chicago to Columbus the following day are completely booked, so the first flight out is 7PM the day after that (42 hours from now).

Oh, also there are no more rental cars available in Chicago.

What we were finally able to do was get a flight to Indianapolis the next morning (27 hours after arriving in Chicago, 32 hours after waking up the previous day, with no sleep in between), rent a car there, and drive the two and half hours to the Columbus Airport (where our bags had, somehow, made it, despite our inability to do so), pick up our car, and get home.

**** Chicago. Forever and ever and ever, amen.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
                  I have to go with LAX for bad design, also the new Denver airport is not exactly special. I remember coming into Chicago one time from Shanghai and there were literally 10,000 foreign visitors waiting to go through customs and they were blocking the citizen lines off. Nightmare city, but I doubt you see the international terminal there.
                  Have to agree on Denver, Spaced - absolute nightmare, combining poor terminal design, extremely intensive TSA screening, and a location in the middle of nowhere -- which is weird for a city with so few suburbs. Fortunately, it's a rare destination for me.

And believe me, I've been through O'Hare's international terminal more times than I care to count. Long walks and truly horrific, Heathrow-like lines. But I have no other frame of reference in the U.S.

Reg, welcome back. Sorry to hear your misfortunes continue.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Try getting a on a flight in China with your name misprinted on the ticket. Actually, it wasn't that hard.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

LAX is just old (designed in the 1950's) but flights are rarely cancelled and the airport is well located in the city so it works well as long as you can actually find where they put your damn bags (I usually avoid that problem by only taking a carry on), SFO has a much better design and actually has light rail hooked up to it so travelers flow through it much easier provided fog doesn't delay take offs and landings (which does happen all too often), while San Diego's airport is a bit small (only two main runways) but is very well located close to attractions and flights are almost never cancelled. I actually liked Denver and their little monorail system they built at the airport, Dallas & Atlanta are just giant confusing messes (but ones which work well provided you can find where you're going) but Chicago and Newark I avoid like the plague.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Dinner, any opinion on the San Jose International Airport?
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I'm Platinum on United and it still sucks.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I got routed through Philadelphia's airport on US Air. Holy ****! Philly's airport is the worst I have ever seen ever. Cracking paint and there are five shops total in the concourse.

I've boarded my final flight, Philadelphia to Rochester. Finally. I've already missed my first class of the quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

**** Chicago. Forever and ever and ever, amen.
                              thats what red wings fans get and deserve
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                                I got routed through Philadelphia's airport on US Air. Holy ****! Philly's airport is the worst I have ever seen ever. Cracking paint and there are five shops total in the concourse.

I've boarded my final flight, Philadelphia to Rochester. Finally. I've already missed my first class of the quarter.
                                I would expect Alby to try to defend Philly, but since he's never left Philly (except for forays into Delaware), I doubt he's ever been on an airplane.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X