X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You should apply to HARVARD SCHOOL OF BULLETPROOF LOGIC DIVINITY

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
      They never made a sequel to HL2, so didn't it ruin the series?
      They did, they made half life episode 1 and 2, still waiting on 3
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• THE NAMES OF THOSE GAMES ARE "HALF-LIFE 2: EPISODE ONE" AND "HALF-LIFE 2: EPISODE TWO". IT'S NOT A ****ING SEQUEL IF IT HAS "HALF-LIFE 2" RIGHT THERE IN THE TITLE.

Comment

• Isn't Half-Life 2 something like a 10 year old game now?

Comment

• Yes, which is why they probably would've made a sequel by now if it hadn't ruined the series.

Comment

• We keep the simulation state of the region up to date for all players. Even when playing solo, this keeps the interactions between cities up to date in a shared view of the world.

This easily could be done offline for solo players.

Players who want to reach the peak of each specialization can count on surrounding cities to provide services or resources, even workers. As other players build, your city can draw on their resources.

Again, solo players can do this themselves.

Our Great Works rely on contributions from multiple cities in a region. Connected services keep each player’s contributions updated and the progression on Great Works moving ahead.

Again...

All of our social world features - world challenges, world events, world leaderboards and world achievements - use our servers to update the status of all cities.

1. No one ****ing cares. 2. This **** isn't even ****ing WORKING right now.

Our servers handle gifts between players.

Again, solo players can do this on their own...

We’ve created a dynamic supply and demand model for trading by keeping a Global Market updated with changing demands on key resources.

Again, this **** isn't working. And, no one would care if it did.

We update each city’s visual representation as well. If you visit another player’s city, you’ll see the most up to date visual status.

This could be done offline for solo players...

We even check to make sure that all the cities saved are legit, so that the region play, leaderboards, challenges and achievements rewards and status have integrity.

Once again--doesn't work, no one would care if it did.

Cloud-based saves and easy access from any computer are another advantage of our connected features. You can pop from work to home, play the game and have your cities available to you anywhere.

Easy access from any computer? That's just a ****ing lie. SimCity 4 can be played anywhere, anytime. The same is absolutely not true of the new game.

Moreover, the constant capitalization of "Always-Connected" is perhaps the most tone-deaf thing I've seen yet from EA/Maxis through this whole event, with the possibly exception of the phrase "I hate to disturb you when you’re playing SimCity."
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                You should apply to HARVARD SCHOOL OF BULLETPROOF LOGIC DIVINITY
                priceless, should put that in my sig
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Game told me that my city was out of synch and had to roleback. Can't access it right now, and im worried its all lost.

Regardless, I'm moving to a new condo over the next few days and not sure when I'll have internet. Sorry folks but I might be out for a while.
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• "always connected" brings nothing new to the table

even when playing in a region with other people, it feels like i'm by myself

whoopity do, i get to interact with someone's 8 hour old save game

such a scam
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

In case anyone is still in denial about the Simcity store just follow those links where they show various building types for sale. For instance just being able to build a marina in your stupid tiny city will cost you $15 in real live money and you just know they plan to do that for each and every single little building improvement. You can look forward to pay $500 just to get the full version of the game.

Personally, the sooner this game is hacked and this sort of profiteering ended, the happier I am. There are few things I like to see more than extreme greed punished.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• What Maxis are doing is frankly peculiar. Earlier this week we posted a story revealing that claims that SimCity requir…

There are two of Bradshaw's worst lies highlighted in this article.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                          didn't SC4 have region play, or do you mean the multiplayer aspect?
                          Yes, yes, it did. The reality is they could make it off line (just like they have in previous versions of Simcity) but that does not fit their vision of dollar signs (I.E paying $15 to buy a marina for your city).

I'm glad I long ago learned to never buy anything from EA until it hits the bargain bin.

Comment

• OK. I doubted for a few days to buy this game but no money from me. I will wait for another clone of SC.
                            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• The official Simcity forum is also now officially censoring the EA customer service phone number because they don't want to hear any more *****ing and whining about how their ****ing servers don't work. Yep, that's the approach to customer service I remember from EA. It doesn't work? Well push it out the door any way and we'll patch it later if we feel like it. People keep calling our customer service line to complain about our defective and non-functioning product? We'll make sure no one can get the phone number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                                Her post was true and accurate. No one has demonstrated Simcity can be fully playable offline. Guynemer is simply making **** up when he says it would be trivial to reverse engineer the game at this point.
                                Lies. Clueless, lies. You can do it yourself just run the game with your internet cable yanked out.

In all the fuss and mess of the disastrous SimCity launch, one refrain has been repeated again and again. While legions…

Comment

Working...
                                X