Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it wrong to like Abba? What about KiSS? Flares? Legwarmers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABBA is one of the best bands ever. So much deep pain and history in the later albums. Amazing.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
      It really used to work that way with me. I'd listen to ABBA, and my mind would be completely blank within a couple of minutes.
      Maybe Abba lyrics have hypnotic effects, let's see:

If you change your mind
      I'm the first in line
      We are still free
      Take a chance.... on...... *ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
        Maybe Abba lyrics have hypnotic effects, let's see:

If you change your mind
        I'm the first in line
        Honey I'm still free
        Take a chance.... on...... *ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*
        An often misheard lyric. When I first heard the song, I thought the line was "alle auch sind frei", which more or less works in German, a language I didn't speak.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

which goes to the point about they have an accent, honey intoned rather than said as a native English speaker would
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Also this would have been in the late '70s, so I probably would have been wasted in a club, far more focused on the woman (women) I was hoping to pick up than the ABBA lyrics. This might also explain why I understood German.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

yes those of us who lived through the seventies, which was afer the sexual revolution but BEFORE the aids epidemic, had quite a good time

Comment

but also before people discovered razors weren't just for the face

*shivers
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

we are now paying the price for too much fun - heart disease, cancer *shudders*

Comment

Working...
                  X