Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it wrong to like Abba? What about KiSS? Flares? Legwarmers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it wrong to like Abba? What about KiSS? Flares? Legwarmers?

Help me people, I think I'm going soft in my old age.

Do things become so retro they somehow become cool again? Perhaps in a new way?

Got any examples?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

It's senility. Keep it up, and you'll be off to the knacker's in no time.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I approve of legwarmers only, from the list above.

I on the other hand am letting my cat train me in my old age.
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I bought this Abba CD for Mrs Horse and I'm sitting here listening to it. I feel I should call someone...like a Helpline...
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Got my own music back on now, Warren Zevon, now there was one strange guy, lol

yet strangely relevant, maybe the ME is the new Africa...

Comment

I like this one - they can still see his headless body

Mercs will soon be called humanitarian freedom hires.
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

It's not Politically correct but still an awesome song

But then, Agnetha was hot, and her voice is STILL smoking hot after all these years...that swedish accent, the slight lisp...

Comment

It's debatable whether the mercs of yore were better or worse than the militias in Central Africa today.

For my music tastes I've gone back the the ' Stones, The Who, The Kinks, The Doors, Cream, Jefferson Airplane, Bruce Springfield, Eric Clapton, etc.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Zevon

ABBA

I had to endure 2 versions of Mama Mia! the play and film simply to be a good dad and husband. I've done my penance.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Bless you my son, now go forth and sin no more.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                      It's debatable whether the mercs of yore were better or worse than the militias in Central Africa today.
                      Nah, not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                        It's not Politically correct but still an awesome song

But then, Agnetha was hot, and her voice is STILL smoking hot after all these years...that swedish accent, the slight lisp...
                        Is there even such a thing as a Swedish accent? I've never been able to hear any accent while listening to either ABBA or The Hives.
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

KISS and ABBA always sucked, even though I liked KISS when I was 10. Some retro is cool, like Disco.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Is it wrong to like Abba? Yes, always. Sorry.

What about KiSS? Also wrong.

Flares? Acceptable, but only if NOT worn with hipster/ironic intent.

Legwarmers? Acceptable for girls only.

You're welcome.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'd say it's ok to not hate ABBA.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X