Wow..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
    Didn't even realize this was a Palinism. I know the "You betcha" thing but thats about it.
    To be fair to Palin, she often seemed overwhelmed by the media attention. I don't necessarily think she should be blamed for misspeaking in such situations. However, that sort of thing does kind of make her unfit for political office. If one gets frazzled in the face of some librul media elite, how would she ever be able to deal with Vladimir Putin?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      To be fair to Palin, she often seemed overwhelmed by the media attention. I don't necessarily think she should be blamed for misspeaking in such situations. However, that sort of thing does kind of make her unfit for political office. If one gets frazzled in the face of some librul media elite, how would she ever be able to deal with Vladimir Putin?
      She'd fall prey to his eastern charms. First intergovernment executive banging.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
        First intergovernment executive banging.
        Hmm... I'm not so sure of that
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"Gotcha journalism" was the phrase Palin used.
          That's been around pre-Palin as well.

An early citation indicated that "gotcha journalism" was used by Stuart K. Spencer in the Los Angeles Times in 1987.[5] The full story is given in the book Stick It Up Your Punter by Chris Horrie. The headline was also used in a 1994 movie about the newspaper business, The Paper, which was based in part on Horrie's book[citation needed].

Former Vice President of the United States Dan Quayle reportedly referred to "gotcha journalism" in 1999 during an interview with talk-show host David Letterman.

During the 2004 U.S. presidential election, Wall Street Journal columnist Gordon Crovitz suggested that the term "gotcha journalism" was used heavily by Republican campaign managers to diminish the credibility of journalists interviewing about the Iraq war.[6]
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I prefer the hypocrites. At least they are pragmatic and are open to compromise with the proper incentives. The Ron Pauls of the world are happy to ride the nuke as it falls.
            Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaa It's the fluoridation. Gotta stop the fluoridation.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
              Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaa It's the fluoridation. Gotta stop the fluoridation.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                That's been around pre-Palin as well.
                I said... that's the phrase Palin used... not invented. But feel free to engage in imaginary arguments.

That seems to be a popular thing around these parts lately.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	bushkissingsaudiprince.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	9094618

Definitely not the first
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                    It's not about conservatives, it's about the modern GOP party. If you think the literally hundreds of racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist and just plain stupid comments that have come from GOP members over the last couple of years don't tarnish the party in any way, then you're dreaming. I long for the moderates to retake the party of Lincoln, but until they do the ****wit bigots currently running the show deserve all the condemnation they get.
                    Exactly.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

word
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

You'd think bots would get better over time but really RoboCon was the best bot I've seen for forum interactions.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                          You'd think bots would get better over time but really RoboCon was the best bot I've seen for forum interactions.
                          meh, it was funny the first time
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                          X