Wow..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Sure. Jesse Jackson was a D representative.
    Jesse Junior.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

It means that one didn't even have to read further than the title and the creator to know that there was zero chance of this thread referring to a democrat.

Oh, it was Gribbler Jr. My bad.
      There's a fairly decent chance that I'm older than Gribbler and I've been a member here far, far longer, why the **** do I get to be the JR in this relationship?!

On a more serious note, you're an idiot.

Comment

... and nobody likes him.
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

But at least he can take comfort that Andrew Luck is a better QB than Tim Tebow was.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Oh, it was Gribbler Jr. My bad.
            Gribbler is a far better poster and often has his facts in order. Also its pretty rare for Gribbler to do the gotcha threads the other hacks are famous for. He will gladly comment but doesn't often post the anecdotal hackery. In conclusion for all his political bent, Gribbler has a much more reasonable and more often than not informed nature.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
              You are worse than Hitler. If people had time machines, they'd come for you first.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                Gribbler is a far better poster and often has his facts in order. Also its pretty rare for Gribbler to do the gotcha threads the other hacks are famous for. He will gladly comment but doesn't often post the anecdotal hackery. In conclusion for all his political bent, Gribbler has a much more reasonable and more often than not informed nature.
                It's not really anecdotal when the silly **** actually leaves the evidence on his Twitter feed.

Comment

gotcha threads
                  I never quite understood why this particular Palinism seemed to gain traction. Does putting "gotcha" in front of something totally invalidate the fact that someone's mistake actually occurred?

I can just see someone trying to be found innocent of a crime, testifying on the stand and saying "the police with their 'gotcha' law enforcement..."

****ing retards... I swear to god.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think it's more the practice of pointing out that a few politicians are hypocritical douchebags and indicting the entire Right as a result. Plenty of conservatives are not hypocritical douchebags.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                      I think it's more the practice of pointing out that a few politicians are hypocritical douchebags and indicting the entire Right as a result. Plenty of conservatives are not hypocritical douchebags.
                      It's not about conservatives, it's about the modern GOP party. If you think the literally hundreds of racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist and just plain stupid comments that have come from GOP members over the last couple of years don't tarnish the party in any way, then you're dreaming. I long for the moderates to retake the party of Lincoln, but until they do the ****wit bigots currently running the show deserve all the condemnation they get.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                        I prefer the hypocrites. At least they are pragmatic and are open to compromise with the proper incentives. The Ron Pauls of the world are happy to ride the nuke as it falls.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Gotcha isn't a Palinism. It's been around for quite a bit.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The terms been around for decades but it seems to be only fairly recently that idiots have started using it the current meaningless way.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              Gotcha isn't a Palinism. It's been around for quite a bit.
                              Yes Imran. The word "gotcha" used in that context wasn't invented by Sarah Palin.

"Gotcha journalism" was the phrase Palin used.

Tim Tebow is also probably not the first guy to kneel, supporting his head with a closed fist in prayer. But for the purposes of mocking pop culture, it's reasonable to refer to a person doing something similar as "Tebowing".
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                                I never quite understood why this particular Palinism seemed to gain traction. .
                                Didn't even realize this was a Palinism. I know the "You betcha" thing but thats about it.
                                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X