Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    Pretty much.

BTW the term "family values" very much is used by Republicans as a code word for "Christian values" and it has been for decades. Ogie is full of crap trying to deny it. Next thing you know he's going to deny Republicans attack women's rights, don't endlessly play the race card in an attempt to fan white fears, and aren't anti-science. I mean if he wants to spend his time arguing the sky isn't blue that's cool but most people will just laugh at him and instantly recognize what sort of game he is playing.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I do have a question though.

Am I a bigot if I speak out against the Ku Klux Klan for their bigotry and what it stands for because that in turn, implies I have no tolerance for them (which would thus make me bigoted)?

Comment

yes
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Then we should not speak out against the Ku Klux Klan; it's wrong to be bigoted.

Comment

I DO WHAT I WANT MRFUN
            you arent the boss of me
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post

Am I a bigot if I speak out against the Ku Klux Klan for their bigotry and what it stands for because that in turn, implies I have no tolerance for them (which would thus make me bigoted)?
              Did you have a run in with some passive aggressive Klansmen?
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Going right around the bend aren't we? When one draws moral equivalence of a major party to the KKK (which btw they have had along and storied opposition to) it's almost as hopelessly deranged and pathetic as the making Israel=Nazi's that seems to be in vogue.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                  Going right around the bend aren't we? When one draws moral equivalence of a major party to the KKK (which btw they have had along and storied opposition to) it's almost as hopelessly deranged and pathetic as the making Israel=Nazi's that seems to be in vogue.
                  I'm just using an example to get to the root of your "logic" - it's wrong to speak out against bigotry, because then that would make you bigoted.

Comment

You are according to the klan.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                      Their "long and storied opposition" to groups like the klan where when they were progressive and known as the "radical Republicans". Conservative, the American right wing, has always been the klan's base and the modern Republican Party is the conservative party. Conservatives in America have always, always, ALWAYS been on the wrong side of history when it comes to race. Your nonsense reminds me of the popular Republican claim that "more Republicans voted for civil rights than Democrats" which completely ignores that the parties have switched positions and that the break down was progressives were for equal rights while conservatives, especially southern conservatives, were militantly opposed to it. Conservatives were the enemies of equal rights and the modern Republican Party is nothing if it is not so conservative as to be right wing reactionaries.

Do you honestly believe the modern Republican Party would embrace those northern progressives who opposed the klan and who pushed for equal rights? Hell, they've purged the party of even moderate conservatives calling them RINOs so obviously your claim is bogus.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Ogie translation: "I am not able to counter your argument. *******!"
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                        X