Time for President to take up issue of Knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
    Military-style knives like bayonets are the first things we should ban. No one outside a war zone has any reasonable use for them.
    If you were in my apartment you'd think it was war zone.

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
    What's that crud between your toes?
    Uh, I think it's called "carpet."

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
      Obviously you know my vote. Its a BAYONET for CHRIS SAKES who needs that.

It has only one purpose... to cut or stab things. Ok two puposes. To cut or Stab things, or open a box. OK... Three purposes, cuts, stab, or open boxes, or used as a cooking spit....
      Bah. My Ang Khola was also excellent as a protector of daughter's virtues.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

To be honest I was going for the angle of "big honking 16-inch blade" than "bayonet" but both work.

My dad calls it a sword. It's not, technically, though, because reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
          Why aren't you interested in saving the lives of children?
          No thanks, I gave at the office. Literally.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            To be honest I was going for the angle of "big honking 16-inch blade" than "bayonet" but both work.

My dad calls it a sword. It's not, technically, though, because reasons.
            The kids here carry bigger knives to elementary school

(I'm not kidding either ... )

Comment

Uh, whoa, pictures?

Are you talking about machetes?

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                I know...I just couldn't resist highlighting the hypocracy. People are concentrating on the guns and not on the people using the guns. That, to me, is even stupider than this thread.
                You do realize even the NRA has approved of universal background checks for people purchasing guns, and they were the ones advocating having armed guards everywhere, right?
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The kids have to help clean the school-grounds and do gardening, so they bring old bolos for that. "Bolo" can refer to several styles of knives here, usually with one cutting edge and 2" to 4" wide blades. The kids use them for cutting grass, as well as light cultivation of the soil. Anything from 6" to 8" blades up to more than 2 feet, depending on what their family has to spare.

In general kids here are very familiar at a young age with knives and other "dangerous" activities like climbing coconuts or running in flip flops through grassy areas where cobras live ... or the most dangerous of all ... drinking the water.

Comment

Working...
                  X