No announcement yet.

Natural gas fracking delayed in Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing for pot is an objective way of weeding people out. Sure a company will weed out some potentially good employees, but overall the people they hire will be better.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      I think the fact that they test for pot is stupid. What do you want me to say? That I think they should bother to test everyone even if they are obviously not pot users? I don't think that. There's no "safety argument" in a grocery store, by the way.
      Tell that to Worker's Comp insurers. You have forklifts, box cutters, warehousing operations, etc.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I don't recall seeing anything more dangerous than a manual forklift for milk crates.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
          Tell that to Worker's Comp insurers. You have forklifts, box cutters, warehousing operations, etc.
          And yet alcoholics are left to roam the aisles....
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
            You'd have the same issue if he was an alcoholic though. The problem isnt the drugs themselves, its drug abusers and addicts.
            Sure, and if there was any evidence or indication of alcholism, I would have run his ass off the jobsite just as fast. I had a guy on a construction site once (the construction manager, actually) who was autodrunk at the end of the day (he kept a cooler in the back of his truck) He thought he was the last man on site, so he started before he cleared the site. Lucky for him, he wasn't, because he ran his truck off a dirt road at the top of an ag canal and right into the water. Luckily, the last guy off the site was from the electrical contractor and was driving a truck with a cherry picker (lucky for the dumbass the contractor's SOW was installing 40 miles of 12.47 kV pole lines, so they were equipment heavy all over the work area). If the contractor hadn't been less than two minutes behind and with the cherry picker, the dumbass would have drowned in his truck in a bunch of dirty ag water before help could have arrived. Instead, he just had his truck totalled and got his ass canned.

So yeah, the problem is abusers and addicts, but employers will take what they can get in terms of tools for weeding out potential risks, no pun intended.

It's also a liability issue, for failure to test in the event that someone screws up when high and causes major injury, death or property damage.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
              And yet alcoholics are left to roam the aisles....
              Not if there's identifiable evidence of impairment. The point though is that if you're applying for one of these jobs, you know the requirements up front, so you can choose your behavior and blow off the job, or not. Again, no pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                I'd rather smoke pot.
                and play golf while consuming alcohol

Comment

Working...
                X