Natural gas fracking delayed in Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
    My general impression of the job market is that employers don't typically require testing (since they have to pay for it in most states) unless they have significant potential liability.
    Practically any big box store has drug testing. Target, Walmart, Best Buy, take your pick. It's not just roughnecks working on heavy machinery, it's the sort of jobs stoners would be expected to hold.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I never got drug tested at the grocery store. They told me I would but never got around to it. But another guy who would've been hired that summer failed a piss test apparently.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

That's because you don't look like a stoner HC. It's called prejudging people.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
          Practically any big box store has drug testing. Target, Walmart, Best Buy, take your pick. It's not just roughnecks working on heavy machinery, it's the sort of jobs stoners would be expected to hold.
          So what it comes down to is, would you rather have a job or would you rather smoke pot? If you'd rather be smoking pot than have a job, I'd argue that you have a problem.

Comment

It's not easy being right all the time when no one listens to you. But they learn eventually...well, some do.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              So what it comes down to is, would you rather have a job or would you rather smoke pot? If you'd rather be smoking pot than have a job, I'd argue that you have a problem.
              I'd rather smoke pot.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
                That's because you don't look like a stoner HC. It's called prejudging people.
                Obviously. But to be fair, they prejudged correctly.

Comment

So you find a form of discrimination acceptable?
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    Until the applicant pool isnt deep enough to actually hire anyone.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                      Until the applicant pool isnt deep enough to actually hire anyone.
                      It hasn't been like that since the 70's. Fastfood is the only option for potheads.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        It hasn't been like that since the 70's. Fastfood is the only option for potheads.
                        Apparently not given that 50-60% of applicants are being eliminated because of drug tests.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                          Apparently not given that 50-60% of applicants are being eliminated because of drug tests.
                          Yeah, and they go work at McDonalds or do crime.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
                            So you find a form of discrimination acceptable?
                            It's not like they tested him because of the color of his skin. If they get it right most/all of the time, who cares?

Comment

Cos that means the safety argument is complete bull****, and the idea that they get it right "most of the time" is obviously flawed if they don't test everyone.

And I don't know about you, but I still care about health and safety including food hygiene at places where I eat.

Comment

I think the fact that they test for pot is stupid. What do you want me to say? That I think they should bother to test everyone even if they are obviously not pot users? I don't think that. There's no "safety argument" in a grocery store, by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X