Movies, good and bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    In case it wasn't clear, I was being facetitous about the budgetary problems.

Quite a recent film, from quite a famous filmmaker, with quite famous actors in multiple roles. Although, to be fair, the multiple role thing is a bit of a red herring for one of them; appropriate enough for this film, as it is full of red herrings. And birds.

It also features a thin white Duke, as well as another actor best known for playing a different thin white creature. (and a rather large black one)

Red herring's always make me think of Ten Little Indians, but that's no help here....

I have a feeling when I see the answer, I'm going to slap my forehead and say "Of course!"
    If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Sorry I was gone for a while; no one has gotten it right yet.

Time to get a bit more explicit, I suppose.

This movie stars three separate actors from arguably the three most popular comic book movie franchises of the past decade. CORRECTION: make that FOUR actors from three franchises.

It is set around the turn of the 20th Century, taking place on both sides of the Atlantic.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Watchmen?

ACK!

Comment

Nope.

The movie is directed by one of the most popular and respected directors of the past decade.

This director is known for using the same actors in many of his films; this is true in this case, featuring two of his frequent players.

This movie also has lots of birds, closets, electricity, and water tanks.

Comment

I keep on thinking Pulp Fiction...
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

No. More recent than Pulp Fiction. Not Tarantino.

Man, I really don't want to give it away...

The movie made many best-of lists, both for the year and even the decade, though I don't think it received any major Oscar nominations. One of its main supporting characters is a very important historical figure, a near-godlike figure in the sciences. He is played by a man known more for his music than his acting.

The person who finally gets this right will certain earn a lot of... something... with the rest of Poly.

Comment

This is the illustration of my very first hint, an image that appears in the beginning, middle, and end of the film; indeed, the film's title is flashed over this image:

Comment

The Prestige.

Thin White Duke gave it to me... finally.

ACK!

Comment

WE HAVE A WINNER

SPOILERS ABOUND

seriously, if haven't seen the movie, don't read this; also, SEE THE MOVIE, it is ****ing awesome

Spoiler:

Starring:
                      Batman (Christian Bale) as identical twins (in hiding)
                      Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) as a man and his clones and his stage double
                      Black Widow (Scarlet Johansen) as their lovely assistant
                      Michael Caine (Alfred) as their mentor
                      David mother****ing Bowie as Nikola mother****ing Tesla
                      and Andy "Gollum and King Kong" Sirkis as Tesla's assistant

Comment

nothing to see here, Poly hiccup

Comment

Mother****er.
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

know that feel, bro.

Comment

Should be easy for everyone.

One was gross, the other was sleepless, one will always be a lone figure.

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                                Should be easy for everyone.

One was gross, the other was sleepless, one will always be a lone figure

ACK!
                                I haven't a clue. I'll just go with a seemingly-obvious guess based on the three-part clue and say The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Comment

Working...
                                X