No announcement yet.

Hobbit Reivews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw it yesterday. Ho-hum. I did see it with my sister and her husband, and my brother and his wife so all was not lost.

I still would have preferred to watch Jack Reacher.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I enjoyed it, but could have used an intermission.

Particularly liked that it didn't end in an anti-climactic final battle.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

i can only imagine the eagles that rescue gandalf from Orthanc in fellowship are all: "oh, ****, gandalf's too drunk to drive home again. better call the ****ing eagles to give him a lift. seriously dude, this is without a doubt the last time we're going to save your ass. period."
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

the eagles are a plot weakness definitely, whenever the characters get into trouble they can't get out of the eagles show up
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

If they had thought of that during the LOTR quest, the sure could have saved the Fellowship a lot of time and trouble.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The lesson of the movie, Hobbit: A true hero does not use violence as a means to an end.

Actuality of the movie, Hobbit: The dwarves and the hobbit engage in bloody orgies of violence as a means to an end.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I liked the movie even though it had several changes from the book. It was just long to sit through (just under 3 hours) and I have no idea how Jackson intends to pad the book up to 10-11 hours of movie time.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

yeah if the eagles can get them out of danger why can't they just fly them where they need to go?

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                    Radagast is a pothead and you know it !
                    Mushrooms. It said so in the movie.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                      yeah if the eagles can get them out of danger why can't they just fly them where they need to go?
                      HISHE LOTR: http://bcove.me/ut88jh60

Edit:

Comment

I didn't have many negative thoughts about the first movies when I saw them. However, I've not been able to sit through a single one of them since first watching them. I have no desire to see the new ones.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          If they had thought of that during the LOTR quest, the sure could have saved the Fellowship a lot of time and trouble.
                          Flying into Mordor, immediately into winged Nazgul?
                          That would certainly not have been a good idea.
                          In LOTR the eagles weren't really a plot hole.

In the Hobbit.... well.... the eagles could have brought them to the Lonely Mountain, but that would only have saved some couple of days walking. It's not really a plot hole, there's nothing wrong with walking.
                          Not to mention that the eagles ask a high price per mile.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                            Flying into Mordor, immediately into winged Nazgul?
                            That would certainly not have been a good idea.
                            They could at least go to the damn border or something, then try to get in.

Comment

Just saw it in IMAX 3d (I think it was 24 fps). Was beautiful! The plot was slow in the middle (of course... it's 3 movies for not that long of a book) and some of the drawn out fight scenes seemed unncessary, but it was so pretty that I just looked at the scenery when I was bored .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                                In the Hobbit.... well.... the eagles could have brought them to the Lonely Mountain, but that would only have saved some couple of days walking. It's not really a plot hole, there's nothing wrong with walking.
                                Sounds like you've forgotten half the book.
                                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                                X