Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Slowwy! You should be proud of your daughter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Why don't either of you understand there's a difference between saying a woman shouldn't have defended herself if it meant the deaths of two criminals versus saying we shouldn't celebrate the deaths of two people?

They were probably terrible people and clearly criminal scum but a break-in is not an offense that warrants a summary execution. Granted, she was in a difficult situation where she had no choice but let us approach this incident with the awareness that two people are dead and we should not praise their deaths. She did what she had to do but there should be no joy in it, either on her part or on ours.
      Holy crap, I agree with Alby 100% on something.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

at the little girl with the TEC-9

Comment

To be fair the two black kids are pointing the weapon at each other.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            Holy crap, I agree with Alby Ben 100% on something.
            Strange times.
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              To be fair the two black kids are pointing the weapon at each other.
              Pretty much sums up modern Africa or the US inner-city, right?
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

If Ben or Doc, or I, had said that, the next words out of your mouth would be screaming racist.
                BTW, just because someone agrees with you doesn't make you correct, it just makes one more person that's wrong.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  If Ben or Doc, or I, had said that, the next words out of your mouth would be screaming racist.
                  BTW, just because someone agrees with you doesn't make you correct, it just makes one more person that's wrong.
                  Whatever you say, Tex.

Hey the Cowboys aren't going to lose tonight to the hapless Eagles, are they? It would look really bad for the Cowboys to lose to a team like that.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    I think we should commend young women with the courage to stand up for themselves against their assailants. Actions have consequences. This young lady did the right thing in standing up for herself. That one of the men died, is his own responsibility, not hers. Had he not broken into the house, he'd be alive and well today. He made the decision to break into the house and accepts the consequences of that - getting shot and dying from the wound.
                    Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Good riddance. People better than them die every minute of the day.
                    What happened to Thou Shalt Not Kill? You two are the worst ****ing christians ever, seriously.

Comment

Whatever. An atheist expressing their opinion about my Christian values doesn't matter much to me.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                        What happened to Thou Shalt Not Kill? You two are the worst ****ing christians ever, seriously.
                        There are significantly worse Christians by that metric. Thou Shalt Not Kill has always been taken as a sort of hypocritical guideline anyhow.

Comment

God orders the Hebrews to kill people repeatedly. He has no problem with killing.

I'd hope we'd have progressed beyond early iron age morality

Personally, if we're going to do the iron age thing, I'd prefer we rock out with a Roman ethical system than the Hebraic one.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            God orders the Hebrews to kill people repeatedly. He has no problem with killing.

I'd hope we'd have progressed beyond early iron age morality

Personally, if we're going to do the iron age thing, I'd prefer we rock out with a Roman ethical system than the Hebraic one.
                            There's a world of difference between killing people who God tells you to kill and just killing people as you please.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

There's a world of difference between killing people who God tells you to kill and just killing people as you please.
                              In your world perhaps.
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

He agrees:

Comment

Working...
                                X