No announcement yet.

The Official 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, sorry, cats definitely kill for sport. They often play with their prey, letting it sort-of-escape then recapturing it. Pinning down the mouse's tail and watching it struggle. Not every cat will necessarily do this, but they definitely do.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      Append to list of things Asher doesn't understand: Newton's second law of motion.
      Append to list of things HC doesn't understand: Social cues.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Yeah, Asher wins this one pretty handily, though only because HC was stupid

Comment

• I don't understand how Obama wanting to ban assault rifles makes him anti-gun.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• If that's true, it's because you're amazingly stupid. Reread the sentence you just wrote.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Obama wants to ban assault rifles. He doesn't want to take away the Second Amendment.

Comment

• OK, let's have a lesson here MrFun. What is an "assault rifle"? Is it a gun? y/n?

I insist you are just deliberately being incredibly ****ing obtuse. Your statement is self-contradictory.

Comment

• So anyone who opposes any kind of restriction on firearms is anti-gun, by your logic.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Banning assault rifles does not take away a person's right to bear arms. It only bans a specific type of guns.

EDIT: x-post

Comment

• I would like you all to consider what is an assault rifle. Is this an assault rifle?

Is this an assault rifle?

If all you're planning on doing is banning "assault rifles" you are a moron. The difference between a "rifle" and an "assault rifle" is almost entirely cosmetic.

And considering we don't have an AWB right now, saying we SHOULD have one, yes, makes you anti-gun, at least relative to status quo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                        Banning assault rifles does not take away a person's right to bear arms. It only bans a specific type of guns.

EDIT: x-post
                        So we could ban every type of gun except the musket without infringing on the right to bear arms?

Comment

• Anyone who supports restrictions of gun ownerships (eg, convicted mass murderers not owning machine guns) is anti-gun. That right there is a FACT.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            So we could ban every type of gun except the musket without infringing on the right to bear arms?
                            Don't be facetious.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                              Don't be facetious.
                              Please explain how we can ban "assault rifles" without infringing on the right to bear arms but can't say the same thing for every other type of gun.

Comment

• Is prohibiting people from owning nuclear weapons denying people the right to bear arms? See where you're going with your facetiousness?

Comment

Working...
                                X