X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    That's what I believe.
    Romans 10:9 (NIV):
    If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    No it isn't. There are people who don't believe in Easter who believe in the resurrection.

You are a very confused person, Kid.

Easter = resurrection of our Lord.

Easter (Old English: Ēostre) or Pascha (Greek: Πάσχα, Paskha; Aramaic: פַּסחא‎ Pasḥa; from Hebrew: פֶּסַח‎ Pesaḥ)[1] is a Christian festival and holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day after his crucifixion at Calvary as described in the New Testament.
    I am quite sure that you are confusing the English name of Easter, which was indeed derived from an old Pagan name, as making the holiday pagan in its entirety. If it helps, you can call it Pascha (derived from the Hebrew word for Passover), as the rest of the world does.
    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; October 18, 2012, 22:28.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• No. There are christians who don't believe in Easter. That's a fact.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

No. There are christians who don't believe in Easter. That's a fact.
        Yes, they are call Liberal Christians who don't believe Christ was resurrected from the dead.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          Yes, they are call Liberal Christians who don't believe Christ was resurrected from the dead.
          I've never heard of them, but you have my interest. Do you have a source? I was refering to people who believe in the resurrection though.

Comment

• If they believe in the resurrection but don't believe in Easter (Pascha) then they are misguided and in error.

Comment

If they believe in the resurrection but don't believe in Easter (Pascha) then they are misguided and in error.
              According to you, however you are not Lord of the Resurrection.

Comment

• You are perfectly willing to call someone in error, but recoil when others do the same.

Comment

You are perfectly willing to call someone in error, but recoil when others do the same.
                  Obviously there's nothing wrong with stating your opinion and even making an argument for it, but when you start saying ridiculous things like people don't believe what they say they believe you cross the line.

Comment

• You can call something a duck if you want, but when it's actually a goose, I'll call you on it.

Comment

You can call something a duck if you want, but when it's actually a goose, I'll call you on it.
                      You don't have any authority to tell me what I believe or ability to know.

Comment

• Apparently no one does, no matter how wrong you may be

Comment

• Well of course no one can tell me what I believe. But no one can tell you that you don't know what other people believe.

Comment

You don't have any authority to tell me what I believe or ability to know.
                            I'm splitting my sides at that one. My, you're always good value, even if inadvertently.
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• The rain falls on everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X