No announcement yet.

Because no one uses the Other Games Forum: X-COM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, the next game will definitely be Classic. I enjoyed those "oh ****!" moments of my first game.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Prepare your anus.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'm playing another game, Wargame: AirLand Battle, which has the whole autosaving feature to prevent save scumming, but I'm save scumming anyway by meticulously backing up the save to another directory and copying it back when I lose.

I'm not good at this whole accepting the consequences thing in video games. As soon as I'm forced to suffer consequences, I start looking up hacks to get around the save system.

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• Can't wait for reg to get his whole squad killed and then look for a hack to resurrect.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I actually did beat xcom on ironman on normal, but not classic, and without savehacking, but this game doesn't have a non-ironman option so to speak.

Comment

• I noticed that Classic seems to bring back Firaxis stats from Civ4, where attacking anything with less than a 90% chance is suicide.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                  I'm playing another game, Wargame: AirLand Battle, which has the whole autosaving feature to prevent save scumming, but I'm save scumming anyway by meticulously backing up the save to another directory and copying it back when I lose.

I'm not good at this whole accepting the consequences thing in video games. As soon as I'm forced to suffer consequences, I start looking up hacks to get around the save system.
                  AirLand Battle

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    On impossible difficulty the smoke grenades make it possible to not take hits from thin men when you're in full cover without hunkering down.

It's thoroughly ridiculous how good thin men are.

I would like to see a mod that does the following:
                    * All primary weapons except sniper rifles can be used by all characters and the machine gun has an inherent suppressing fire capability.
                    * Only heavies can move and shoot with the machine gun (or otherwise it takes a severe move+shoot aim penalty)
                    * SHIVs get a huge huge huge HUGE buff, enabling them to actually be useful for interesting tactical problems.
                    * You get to know the map ahead of time, before you hit "launch mission," so that you can deploy squadmembers/shivs and equip them according to the terrain.
                    * You can select what specialization your troops get when they level up.
                    Have you beaten Impossible? Or lasted any substantial length of time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                      AirLand Battle
                      It is truly an excellent RTS. Plus it allows me to totally sperg out about cold war **** in an acceptable setting.

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                      Have you beaten Impossible? Or lasted any substantial length of time?
                      I haven't played much on impossible. With my game on Classic that I just have sitting right before the gollop chamber I can consistently beat all of the missions handily on impossible with my crew of super soldiers. I haven't gone that far into it from the beginning on impossible just because I've been doing other things but I could beat it if not playing Ironman.

Comment

• I really suck at this game, very frustrating!

Thanks a lot, Guy!

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Always pleased to be of service.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                          X