Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read it and weep future billionaires of america

"I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

For those too lazy to click the link: the article says that homosexuals are fabulous. Also, MrFun has apparently hijacked MRT144's account.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Study is idiotic. Clearly there is some level of taxation where cutting taxes would benefit economic growth. The question is always whether we are at that level of taxation.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          Study is idiotic. Clearly there is some level of taxation where cutting taxes would benefit economic growth. The question is always whether we are at that level of taxation.
          So the study did not indicate that this level of taxation was within the spectrum of rates existing over the last 65 years?

Comment

If you want to criticize this study, maybe you should point out that changes in the taxes paid by the wealthy are likely such a small part of the sum total of all factors affecting economic growth that measuring a historical correlation between tax rates and economic growth rates is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              If you want to criticize this study, maybe you should point out that changes in the taxes paid by the wealthy are likely such a small part of the sum total of all factors affecting economic growth that measuring a historical correlation between tax rates and economic growth rates is stupid.

Comment

I don't see how that parallels this study.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  My response to that would be 'then surely the tax rates must be a minor factor with respect to economic growth rates and we should set the tax rate to change behavior and not promote economic growth'.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

What behavior effects do you expect from high taxes?

Comment

Well, you can have higher taxes on gas for example to encourage public transport and discourage unnecessary vehicle use.

This would be in a way a tax to account for clean air and other public goods.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Unless public transit is a viable option you will just increase costs to drivers.

$10/g gas will not get me on a public system that doesn't work.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

And higher gas costs would probably help tank the economy like it has done in the past.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Youre idiotic. Dont let new infornation phase your core beliefs and instead attack it. Youre like some close minded fundamentalist
                            Last edited by MRT144; September 18, 2012, 10:57.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

As people going rich they are usually not paying tax which is not right what is quibids
                              government has to take some serious against these types of bureaucrats and businessmen and make some hard law against him.
                              Last edited by thristydevil; September 21, 2012, 19:30.

Comment

Working...
                              X