No announcement yet.

I Am Giving Away A Copy Of XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting it for Steam and xbox actually. Hopefully they have cross platform multiplayer in the next generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
      You must also write one sentence arguing why a student accepted at Carnegie Mellon or MIT, with an 800 SAT math subject score, should pursue a liberal arts degree in philosophy.
      You can't be a gay muslim without a liberal arts degree in philosophy, everyone knows this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        What made TIE Fighter better? Especially since XWvTF came out after TIE Fighter.
        X-Wing: You in a Ship with Shields against Ships w/o Shields
        Tie Fighter: You in a Ship w/o Shields vs Ships with Shields.
        X vs Tie: Tie Fighter plus Multiplayer minus Story and Secret Side Missions
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Rock, Paper, Shotgun did a preview on X-Com and it sounds frankly amazing. Very excited about it now.

Comment

One thing I am wary about is they seem to have given more focus to the missions, and scripted more. Also, for normal difficulty, this seems really easy. I counted zero significant tactical decisions (and some weird things too, like the Heavy around the 3:53 minute mark destroying his own cover while suppressing an enemy). Still love games like this, though.

Last edited by Wiglaf; September 15, 2012, 12:30. Reason: JEWS DID 9/11

Comment

The early missions aren't going to have significant tactical decisions since they're still teaching you the game, I'd think.

Comment

I think a lot of the original's appeal was that it was never forgiving and always tried to bust your balls from day one. A lot of it was random but you definitely see some top tier bad guys in the first or second mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                  One thing I am wary about is they seem to have given more focus to the missions, and scripted more. Also, for normal difficulty, this seems really easy. I counted zero significant tactical decisions (and some weird things too, like the Heavy around the 3:53 minute mark destroying his own cover while suppressing an enemy). Still love games like this, though.

That video actually makes the game look boring.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think that is due to the slow player, and also the decision to make the soundtrack/vibe more kinetic and actiony than spooky.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      What made TIE Fighter better? Especially since XWvTF came out after TIE Fighter.
                      Because Tie Fighter came out significantly before XWvTF and was basically the same game. Even XWA wasn't much better, and came out even later. At least XWvTF added multiplayer. XWA added a new story and a bunch of new ships, but I didn't like the story very much. Its main redeeming value was working on Win98.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I did a horsie do-do on this thread, can I have a copy for my 11 year old son?
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Check this if you like the old X-com.

Comment

Looks like an quite old Version? The last Version i played had much better Squad Selection ( Visible Health/Morale/ AP Left for all Squaddies).
                            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
                            X