Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're an idiot.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      You're an idiot.
      Nope. You made a stupid assumption and now you refuse to admit you were wrong

Comment

Getting back to the OP, what does the author suggest, that we should have dealt with the "Arab Spring" the way that Russia's dealing with Syria? Who here thinks that in the end Assad isn't going to fall anyway? In the aftermath do you think there will be any love left for Russia in Syria? A number of the Arab Spring revolts succeeded because military support for the regime collapsed. In such a case our support for the regime wouldn't help at all, unless we were willing to go all Iraq on the insurgents and invade. Now that's something that I'll bet Zevico and JWR could have gotten behind - "let the Negro Presdient get involved in a half dozen hopeless unending wars so we can point our fingers at him."
        Unfortunately the Negro President is twice as smart as the two of them ever will be - combined.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          Nope. You made a stupid assumption and now you refuse to admit you were wrong
          Yes because you can read my mind and know better than me what assumptions I made and what I was thinking.

No one else had a problem understanding but you. Tells me you're the one refusing to admit you were wrong.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Yes because you can read my mind and know better than me what assumptions I made and what I was thinking.

No one else had a problem understanding but you. Tells me you're the one refusing to admit you were wrong.
            The only poster who could be possibly construed as supporting you in this is HC, which I doubt. If your posts don't make it clear what's on your mind then you are not a very effective communicator. However it's clear that if someone writes:
            2) JewishWorldReview? And this is criticizing the supposed Left?

JEWS ARE THE LEFT!
            They mean to imply that Jewish World Review must be leftist because it is Jewish. Which is wrong.

Comment

No. Only you took that from that.

Comment

So you're incredulousness at "Jewish World Review" being critical of the left had nothing to do with it being Jewish? Then what caused it?

Comment

huh? It had EVERYTHING to do with it being Jewish! What the **** is wrong with how your brain works?

Is it the Jew thing that's gotten you worked up?

Let's say we have something called the Black Law Journal and it comes out with staunchly right-wing positions. You don't think people will find it ironic that something so prominently centered around an ethnic group that overwhelmingly supports particular political positions would support the opposite positions? A Black media source hard-charging against liberals when most Blacks are liberals.

Comment

Why would that be remarkable? Is it worth noting that Clarence Thomas is black and conservative? I don't care.

Comment

What the **** is "The West"?

I don't care who you think my "enemies" are.
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                        Why would that be remarkable? Is it worth noting that Clarence Thomas is black and conservative? I don't care.
                        It's not about being Black and conservative or Jewish and right-wing!

It's about featuring the ethnic group so prominently. JEWISH World Review.

Comment

The general message of your post was a criticism of the notion that the article in the OP had anything to do with left vs. right. Jews can express right wing viewpoints, and if a quarter of Jews vote Republican, we shouldn't be shocked if it does happen.

Comment

Defense of Israel, what Egypt does, etc. is not a left-right issue. The article most definitely stated a position that it is, though.

I'm done with you. The one person who saw it fit to respond to this spat understood where I was coming from. You're an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico View Post
                              blah blah blah
                              Look, he's a democratically elected leader and thus reflects the will of the Egyptian people.

Neo-conservatives have dreamed of democracy in the Middle East for the past 20 years. That's what Bush said USA was fighting for in Iraq, to achieve democracy in the Middle East. There it is.

USA already had 2 bloody, horribly expensive and decade-long wars in the Middle East, "for freedom" and "for democracy". There you have it, democratic Egypt that is free of foreign influence.

What do the neoconservatives want to achieve, when will they be happy? What is it that you want, exactly?

Comment

Neocons don't want democracy, and never did. You might notice that they've been supporting dictators in the middle east for decades. Democracy just makes a really handy pretext for war.

Comment

Working...
                                X