I have created a new metric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher View Post
    The reviews also mention "European styling".

Basically, Ford aped non-North American engineering and design and Lonestar holds it up as a testament to North American engineering.
    Who the hell calls it "European styling"?
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
      Probably you were standing still in a traffic jam...
      I tell you what, the A-60 and A-80 were enough to make me lose all positive preconceptions of the Autobahn that I had. The Autobahn is not particularly better than the US Interstate Systems, and often seemed to be worse.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
        Who the hell calls it "European styling"?
        Over 35,000 pages on Google?

2013 ford fusion The new 2012 Ford Fosion is said to be a game changer, five years atfer introduction the Ford Fusion stays at one of the B...

The new Ford Fusion is a clear step forward in styling. It feels almost European in design, giving a nod to Aston Martin up front and BMW in the back.

More significant, perhaps, the Fusion will receive a fair amount of Euro-flavored chassis tuning to match its European styling.

Rather than focusing on matching the competition (Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc.), the automaker set its sights much higher, envisioning a Fusion with European styling elements, including and an Audi-inspired front end.

The Ford Fusion is a tough build car with European styling and sports excellent interiors

etcetc
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I still don't think it looks "European". Hell, Hyundais look more Europeans.

Comment

Threadjack here, but what do people think of CVTs? I really hate how my car has a substantial delay while the automatic changes gear when I hit the accelerator, would that go away with a CVT?
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              Threadjack here, but what do people think of CVTs? I really hate how my car has a substantial delay while the automatic changes gear when I hit the accelerator, would that go away with a CVT?
              No, in fact it gets much worse.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                Since moving to McLean, I've tracked the ratio of (Ferrari + Maserati + Lamborghini) to Toyota Yaris.

It's 8:7 so far.
                FACTS:

1) I have not seen a single toyota yaris in the month I've lived here, but have seen over two dozen of the other cars you've mentioned

2) Mclean is ranked below the town I live in on this list.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

No, in fact it gets much worse.
                  So a CVT = worse acceleration than an automatic? That doesn't really make sense, I would think that because it is continuous, the reaction time between pressing the pedal and the engine power going up would be immediate.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

No good except for small engines which are lacking in torque.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

So a CVT = worse acceleration than an automatic? That doesn't really make sense, I would think that because it is continuous, the reaction time between pressing the pedal and the engine power going up would be immediate.
                      CVT's can adjust the gear ratio continuously but not arbitrarily fast.

Comment

CVTs feel "laggy". The resulting acceleration is usually not different, but it's not as responsive. The idea is the RPMs are linear so while in a regular shifter, when you floor it the RPMs soar and you get that torque. In CVT it feels like it's trying to catch up.

Comment

Get a stick

CVT is nice for regular driving, but as Asher mentioned, not as responsive, but it might be that I'm used to regular automatics, and only ever driven one CVT car... On a regular automatic, if you wanted extra torque you'd accelerate a bit for the gear to downshift, which won't happen in a cvt. The one time I was really in a hurry on my dad's Fit, I had to switch it to sport to manage what I wanted to do, but a regular automatic would have been a hassle as well.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                          X