No announcement yet.

I have created a new metric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That you wear clothes is more relevant. What those clothes are... not so much.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      That you wear clothes is more relevant. What those clothes are... not so much.

Clothes mean a lot. Trust me. You ever see those make-over shows? There's a reason those exist. You may not notice what people wear but most people do. They really really do.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Why would you do that? Seriously. KH is a weirdo for noting what cars his neighbors have but why are you doing it, too? Seems like really odd behavior with psychological implications.

I couldn't tell you what's parked next door to me. I have no idea because I don't care.

Okay. There's a beat up Ford F150 next door, a Dodge Charger across the street, and a shiny ass Dodge Ram next to that one. What does that tell you about my neighborhood?
        People who own cars tend to notice more what other people are driving.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

People's consumption habits are interesting to me.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Clothes mean a lot. Trust me. You ever see those make-over shows? There's a reason those exist. You may not notice what people wear but most people do. They really really do.
            And BattleBots exists to prepare us for the coming war against the robots, right?
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Why would you do that? Seriously. KH is a weirdo for noting what cars his neighbors have but why are you doing it, too? Okay. There's a beat up Ford F150 next door, a Dodge Charger across the street, and a shiny ass Dodge Ram next to that one. What does that tell you about my neighborhood?
              It's only three data points, but it looks like they're selecting suboptimal cars on the basis of masculine styling, instead of their usefulness to the average urban consumer. It's a waste of thousands of dollars.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

And BattleBots exists to prepare us for the coming war against the robots, right?
                What?

Dude fashion is a trillion dollar industry. People really really care about fashion.

Pretend you're an HR Manager and two identical twins have interviews. Let's get real. Are you going to hire the guy on the left? They're both wearing the obligatory suit for an interview. Beyond that, it doesn't matter, right? Doesn't matter what the suits look like or what it could say about the person, right? They're both not naked so it's a toss up, right?

Clothes matter.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It's hardly a waste of money, if they are getting what they want. It's not like they are buying these cars for racing or commercial enterprise.

x-post
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Oil money
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120331_132145.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	9093514
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Clothes matter.
                      I'm not arguing that fashion doesn't matter, but that it shouldn't.

Comment

I'm not arguing that fashion doesn't matter, but that it shouldn't.
                        Well guess what. It does matter. And that means it's relevant for you to worry about what you put on your body.

Comment

Clothes matter.
                          I'd employ the guy on the left, looks like he doesn't wear a suit very often. Never trust a developer who looks comfortable in a suit...
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

No way. Alpert is right there. There is nothing worse than an over-sized suit. I've been stuck in one before and felt like a right idiot. It makes you look inexperienced and sloppy.

But yes, the other guy looks like a self-centered *******. And not just because he's asian.
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Why would you do that? Seriously. KH is a weirdo for noting what cars his neighbors have but why are you doing it, too? Seems like really odd behavior with psychological implications.

I couldn't tell you what's parked next door to me. I have no idea because I don't care.

Okay. There's a beat up Ford F150 next door, a Dodge Charger across the street, and a shiny ass Dodge Ram next to that one. What does that tell you about my neighborhood?
                              That you have at least three neighbors that wish they didn't live in Philly.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

You live near 3 drug dealers/car theives.
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X