Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    I'm no vet.

The problem with Lonestar making that argument is that the next man (let's say an artillery bubba) can say he doesn't know ****. Then the infantryman denigrates that artillery man. Then the guy with the Silver Star denigrates the infantryman. It's stupid. There's always someone who did more than you or had it worse than you or whatever. There's no need for mud-slinging on Sloww who still did his part and served.
    Lonestar was only shooting down Slowwhand's accusation of cowardice. ("Millions? If they're facing people like you, dozens would suffice") There was no need for mud-slinging on Lonestar who actually served in a combat zone.

Comment

Where did he call you a coward? I don't see it. Did he catch himself and edit it?

Oh I see. That was a possible interpretation of what he said.
      Oh yeah, he just implied really heavily, and didn't actually write that word. Totally different.

Well, are you?
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I give Sloww enough of a hard time. I'm sure now that it's been brought to his attention, he feels bad.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Then are you going to walk back the "out of line" comment?
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
            Then are you going to walk back the "out of line" comment?
            It was out of line. You don't criticize the nature of his service.

Would you like it if some Marine 0311 came on here and asked you how much action you saw on a ship?
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It was out of line. You don't criticize the nature of his service.

Would you like it if some Marine 0311 came on here and asked you how much action you saw on a ship?
              "Enough that I got a ribbon, howabout you dickweed? How is that exremely marketable 03XX MOS treating you now that there's a RIF and you have to get a job in the private sector?"

"Oh, you're going to be a Police Officer? Man, I know the PDs are all over a rifleman that was in for 4 years with no degree. That's okay, that BA in CJ you're working on from University of Pheonix will really put your resume over the top."

By the by, thanks for pussing out and not manning up and acknowlegding that it was valid response when a ****ing truck driver at a airforce base in Texas is making cowardice accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                "Enough that I got a ribbon, howabout you dickweed? How is that exremely marketable 03XX MOS treating you now that there's a RIF and you have to get a job in the private sector?"

"Oh, you're going to be a Police Officer? Man, I know the PDs are all over a rifleman that was in for 4 years with no degree. That's okay, that BA in CJ you're working on from University of Pheonix will really put your resume over the top."

By the by, thanks for pussing out and not manning up and acknowlegding that it was valid response when a ****ing truck driver at a airforce base in Texas is making cowardice accusations.
                Dude, you're the one acting like an ass. You know full well you should have just called him out on it like a grown man and not slung mud. Be the better man. Your hypothetical response to an arrogant 0311 shows you're incapable of doing that.

Comment

Dude, you're the one acting like an ass. You know full well you should have just called him out on it like a grown man and not slung mud. Be the better man. Your hypothetical response to an arrogant 0311 shows you're incapable of doing that.
                  "Being the better man" only gets you so far. I waved that in Slows face, because needed to have it waved in his face after that stunt. And your response was "ah, you're a meanie" and then "uh, I'm not going to get on his case even though I guess he might have started it".

Interrogative, at which point in this thread did I approach anywhere near the level of belligerence Sloww did before he decided to start throwing accusations of cowardice around?

"Be the better man" jesus Christ. Did your parents tell you that "ignoring bullies will make them go away" when you were a kid? Because my Dad(Marine officer, something that you aspire to) always told me "you will never get in trouble with me if you don't start the fight".

Comment

My parents didn't tell me ****. I learned on my own the hard way that fighting rarely gets you the outcome you want. And fighting over hurt pride is even stupider. There's enough people dead in the streets because of hurt pride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      My parents didn't tell me ****. I learned on my own the hard way that fighting rarely gets you the outcome you want. And fighting over hurt pride is even stupider. There's enough people dead in the streets because of hurt pride.
                      Slow decided to make that attack, and I shot it down. It honestly baffles the Hell out of me why you're getting worked on me calling him on that.

Comment

• Also, this is the Internet. Very rarely are there shootouts on messageboards about grand strategy games.

Comment

• consider this thread jacked
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                            When's the last time a straight person was beat up for being straight. Gay Pride is about being proud of who you are IN SPITE of the social stigma still present. Plus it's fun to gawk at the parade.
                            A lot of us that were nerds in high school got beat up by the jocks for being nerds. We didn't respond by having parades. We went out in the real world, made money, stole their women, and relegated them to picking up our trash. That's the way it's done. Well I guess it would be silly for the gays to steal our women. But you get my point.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                              I don't go around telling everyone that I'm proud to be gay. I'm just open about my sexual orientation the same way that straight people are.

And I find it amazing how so many in this thread so far, have missed the point of the OP. It's my retort to those who argue against Gay Pride. I was not arguing that straight people cannot be proud of themselves.
                              I don't recall anyone on this site ever arguing against Gay Pride, so to speak. I think that people don't understand why some people talk so much about it. Did you really need this thread?
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                                In my experience, many of my fellow UCC church members define a large portion of their identity as being gay. Complete with stories of family betrayal inability to fit in at other churches (baptist horror stories abound) etc. etc.. While the rest of the congregation listens to the 1000th retelling of a concern as patiently and as empathetically as possible, I find myself wondering when does the healing ever start? When does the self identification as a gay person/victim ever simply become a second tier aspect of a person as a whole?

On a separate note, the random gif strikes me as offensive and bigotted.
                                That's so true. People need to get past stuff and leave it behind them.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X