Dear "Straight Pride" Jerk . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Sorry Mr Fun. I just don't get the whole gay pride thing. I don't go around (seriously) saying I'm proud to be straight either so I don't really understand that either. But maybe if people really are proud to be gay then others really are proud to be straight. idk
    I don't go around telling everyone that I'm proud to be gay. I'm just open about my sexual orientation the same way that straight people are.

And I find it amazing how so many in this thread so far, have missed the point of the OP. It's my retort to those who argue against Gay Pride. I was not arguing that straight people cannot be proud of themselves.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post

On a separate note, the random gif strikes me as offensive and bigotted.
      God, you're such a PC whiner.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
        I don't go around telling everyone that I'm proud to be gay. I'm just open about my sexual orientation the same way that straight people are.

And I find it amazing how so many in this thread so far, have missed the point of the OP. It's my retort to those who argue against Gay Pride. I was not arguing that straight people cannot be proud of themselves.
        Bull**** 1
        Bull**** 2

You're perfect.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Slowwy, how many times have I suggested to you, that you learn reading comprehension skills?

Comment

This thread is a prime example of how not to pick your battles.

"Hey straight person, your t-shirt and/or bumper sticker offends me! "
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

And I guess you have missed some of our points. I think the gay pride parades served a good purpose in the past. It make non-gays more aware and allowed gays to gather together and rejoice in it. Our point is that it worked and people are more aware now, and you should move on to the next step. Which is being treated the same as everyone else. Especially in terms of rights. You're winning that battle based on the polls. I think the gay pride parades have outlived their usefulness and now more point out differences instead of sameness. I'll concede that most parades don't really serve much purpose and are a good excuse to party, and I wouldn't try to deny that to gays. But it being the focal point that you're trying to keep it is (IMO) a disservice.

Go out and have fun but don't make that big a deal out of it. Most of us get it already and more will as the older bigots die off and the younger take their place.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Slowwy, how many times have I suggested to you, that you learn reading comprehension skills?
                Numerous, and you're no longer perfect.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

It's my retort to those who argue against Gay Pride.
                  Who gives a ****? If somebody says "hey, gay pride is crap" or whatever, and you don't like what they're saying, you know what you do? Nothing. And the world will be no better or worse off for it.

Now, if somebody were saying "we should kill the gays," then yeah, you should probably take a stand against that. But if they're arguing against something as trivial as wearing a rainbow-themed shirt or dancing in assless chaps in a big gay parade, then who cares.

Comment

God, you're such a PC whiner.
                    Nope simply pointing out only a bigot would find it amusing enough to post. But then again this is old news as the poster in question has been widely noted as being an extreme racist/bigot.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Here's a quick lesson on "Conflict" Resolution For Dummies. There are quite a few Mormons where I live, and so often while walking around I'll come across a Mormon on a Mission (presumably they can't all afford to do missionary work in under-Mormoned areas). This is typically how the conversation goes, somewhat paraphrased.

Mormon: Hey, want to be a Mormon?
                      loin: No thanks, I'm an atheist.
                      Mormon: But Mormonism is better than atheism.
                      loin: HOW DARE YOU Oh, okay. Well see ya.

Try it!

Straight Person: Hey, check out my "Straight Pride" t-shirt.
                      MrFun: HOW DARE YOU Yup, that's a t-shirt.
                      Straight Person: Cost me ten bucks.
                      MrFun: I'm jealous, my assless chaps cost me eighty bucks. They're real leather.
                      Straight Person: You should try being straight, it's cheaper.
                      MrFun: No thanks. Well, see ya.

Comment

The point was pretty obvious, TBH. Here's my "point," such as it is: how about EVERYBODY shuts up about pride and we all go out for tasty hamburger sandwiches? Especially when it's paired with the utterly incompatible "it doesn't matter, everyone's equal" message. That was always a head-scratcher when I was a kid, every time February rolled around in my majority-black county: "the color of your skin doesn't matter, now be proud of the color of your skin!" Snuh?

Of course, what everyone's going for, or ought to go for, is the absence of shame; "I'm black/latino/gay/a woman/a Jimmy Fallon fan, and you know what? I'm okay with that." But because it's hard to get anyone all fired up over the concept of indifference, instead we get positive pride, which is far more annoying and makes no sense to boot. Unless you're John Connor and you actively sent your dad back in time to impregnate your mom, you had no say whatever in who or what you were born as, so you might as well be proud of the Great Wall of China.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Part of the problem with positive pride is that it raises the bar for indifference, to the point where indifference can be taken as an insult.

Gay Person: I'm gay and proud of it!
                          Other Person: Okay, whatever, I don't care.
                          Gay Person: HOW DARE YOU

Comment

That's a great point.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Don't worry, I appreciated it.

Give us more of your own, and less boring links.
                              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                                The point was pretty obvious, TBH. Here's my "point," such as it is: how about EVERYBODY shuts up about pride and we all go out for tasty hamburger sandwiches?
                                So you're biased in favor of hamburgers? Hamburger pride?

Comment

Working...
                                X