No announcement yet.

Falkland Islanders to hold referendum over sovereignty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want to see you two kiss and make up.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I ain't kissin' on Drake no matter how much makeup he wears.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
        I ain't kissin' on Drake no matter how much makeup he wears.
        :vomit:
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
          And I'm not really surprised you think your dos centavos trolling is worth any actual serious response.
          So you've finally admitted that your responses in this thread have been unserious. We all knew that already, of course, but it's good to have it confirmed.

Comment

• That clod Kirchner has already asked the Pope to intervene in the Falklands.

Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner says she has asked for the Pope's intervention in the Falklands dispute with the UK.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Why shouldn't he intervene? The British are clearly in violation of a papal bull.

Comment

• It's another way to show just how irrelevant the Catholic church is.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• I wouldn't be so sure of that. Latin American states are already solidly behind Argentina's claims, and anti-colonial sentiment in the rest of the global south probably predisposes Catholics in Africa and Asia against the UK's position. The pope could probably influence global opinion in favor of the return of the Malvinas to Argentina, if he plays his cards right.

That being said, let's hope he's more concerned with righting the wrongs of his own church than righting the wrongs of British imperialism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                    The pope could probably influence global opinion in favor of the return of the Malvinas to Argentina, if he plays his cards right.
                    Yeah, because the British have historically been so willing to do what Popes say.

The Falklands will be British as long as the islanders want to be. End of story.
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Latin American states are already solidly behind Argentina's claims, and anti-colonial sentiment in the rest of the global south probably predisposes Catholics in Africa and Asia against the UK's position. The pope could probably influence global opinion in favor of the return of the Malvinas to Argentina, if he plays his cards right.
                      Because we clearly give a **** what the Latin American states think about our territorial possessions?

Comment

• Brits should.

It would be better to have them onside than against.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          Because we clearly give a **** what the Latin American states think about our territorial possessions?
                          You won't be laughing so hard once the divestment campaign against the UK begins.

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Latin American states are already solidly behind Argentina's claims, and anti-colonial sentiment in the rest of the global south probably predisposes Catholics in Africa and Asia against the UK's position. The pope could probably influence global opinion in favor of the return of the Malvinas to Argentina, if he plays his cards right.

That being said, let's hope he's more concerned with righting the wrongs of his own church than righting the wrongs of British imperialism.
                            Popes generally have a bad track record when it comes to claiming land that they don't control and trying to give it to other people.
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                              Brits should.

It would be better to have them onside than against.
                              Argentina have done more than enough to piss off the other Latin American countries for them to suddenly start caring passionately about the Falklands. They might mouth support at various times, but it would take something impressive for it to become a major issue. The only country that cares is Argentina, and only then when it's useful for distracting the people from domestic issues. Even if they do suddenly start kicking up a major fuss, we still care a lot more about the right to self determination of the Falkland Islanders.

Comment

You won't be laughing so hard once the divestment campaign against the UK begins.
                                HA! Countries like Argentina badly need for investment and they'd lose what little of it they currently get in a retalitory measure against them. There is no good ending for them if they needlessly push this.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X