Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
    Spaniards were just better at rape
    The french were pretty good at that in Vietnam, too. IIRC there are a fair number of French+Vietnamese descended people.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
      The thing about Portugal is its government was overthrown and just pulled out of its African colonies which it had held for like 400 years. There were ethnic Portuguese people living there who had been there for generations and they just had to pack up and leave. They were the ones with the education and skills and so forth and as a result Angola and Mozambique were doomed.

The funny thing is, Portugal hasn't really gotten a lot better since that revolution either, economically speaking.
      cue molly bloom OMG YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE OPINIONS ON AFRICA *archaic british insults*
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
        Native population in the United States = 5,220,579 (2010)

Native population in Mexico = 9,854,301 (2000)

I honestly don't understand why you feel the need to downplay the genocidal abilities of the British and their American successors. You seem like the type of ******* who would actually be proud that his ancestors were much better colonialists/land thieves than the Spanish.
        And you're some two bit American tool trolling out your ass that still hasn't finished high school at what, going on 30 now? or 15? Native population in the US is actually higher now than in colonial times, with the best real data supporting total population between one and two million at the time of first contact on the mainland. There are some academic papers claiming higher populations but without archaeological or anthropological support or adequate accounting for food supply for different primitive ag, hunter-gatherer and coastal fishing.

In contrast, total native poplution population in Mexico as of 1519 is estimated by various sources as low as 4.5 million and as high as 30 million. with 1595 estimates varying from 1.1 to 3.5 million. The least reliable estimates are from Población indígena by Angél Rosenblat (1954). Rosenblat's work covered the entirety of South American and used historical Spanish and Portuguese sources without reference to archaeoogical or anthropoligial supporting evidence. Rosenblat was a philologist, not an anthropologist or archaeologist, and his numbers are complete outliers compared to all other souces as to native population throughout Mexican history. All other sources, both Mexico-wide and focused on the Valley of Mexio, put population decline of Mexican indigenous populations between 1519 and 1595 at a range from 56% to 95%. More recent papers tend towards higher pre-contact populations as archaeological evidence indicates more extensive trade networks and evidence of food storage and similar characteristics of late pre-contact Mesoamerican settlements.

So keep on cherry picking random modern population numbers that support nothing. Your lack of intellectual capability is nothing if not consitent.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• nm
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
            Native population in the US is actually higher now than in colonial times, with the best real data supporting total population between one and two million at the time of first contact on the mainland.

Estimating the number of Native Americans living in what is today the United States of America before the arrival of the European explorers and settlers has been the subject of much debate. While it is difficult to determine exactly how many Natives lived in North America before Columbus, estimates range from a low of 2.1 million (Ubelaker 1976) to 7 million people (Russell Thornton) to a high of 18 million (Dobyns 1983). A low estimate of around 1 million was first posited by the anthropologist James Mooney in the 1890s, by calculating population density of each culture area based on its carrying capacity. In 1965, the American anthropologist Henry Dobyns published studies estimating the original population to have been 10 to 12 million. By 1983, he increased his estimates to 18 million.

He took into account the mortality rates caused by infectious diseases of European explorers and settlers, against which Native Americans had no immunity. Dobyns combined the known mortality rates of these diseases among native people with reliable population records of the 19th century, to calculate the probable size of the original populations. By 1800, the Native population of the present-day United States had declined to approximately 600,000, and only 250,000 Native Americans remained in the 1890s.

Molly Bloom is much better than you are at the make-believe internet expert schtick. At least he has the sense to Google **** before he pretends that he already knew it.

Comment

Molly Bloom is much better than you are at the make-believe internet expert schtick. At least he has the sense to Google **** before he pretends that he already knew it.
              No he's not.

And I know you're probably not serious about this Falklands thing, but rather just getting a laugh out of it, but seriously--who ****ing cares about white guilt **** from hundreds of years ago?

Comment

• and let's not pretend colonialism it was all about noble societies oppressed by evil Europeans, it was more a case of superior technology and cooption than conquest.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                  No he's not.

And I know you're probably not serious about this Falklands thing, but rather just getting a laugh out of it, but seriously--who ****ing cares about white guilt **** from hundreds of years ago?
                  It's about historical accuracy, not white guilt. If *******s like MtG weren't denying British actions (like stealing the Falklands from Argentina, or committing genocide/ethnic cleansing that was just as bad as that of the Spanish), I wouldn't have a problem.

Comment

• We can pretty well assume (and in many cases have strong evidence) that the societies which were destroyed were just as brutal and violent. If you look at primitive societies that for god knows what reason still exist in the Amazon/Orinoco basins and in Papua New Guinea, you know, the ones that ought to have ****ing running water by now but don't, polygamy is very very common due to the fact that most of the men get killed in conflicts with other tribes.

Comment

It's about historical accuracy, not white guilt. If *******s like MtG weren't denying British actions (like stealing the Falklands from Argentina, or committing genocide/ethnic cleansing that was just as bad as that of the Spanish), I wouldn't have a problem.
                      Well if you don't give a **** about white guilt then you shouldn't care about who's running the Falklands either.

Comment

• I don't care about who's running the Falklands.

Comment

so really this is like a reverse racism thing for you? Blame whitie?
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• Whities should take the blame when they deserve it. I think they'll be fine; they will still run the world, after all.

Comment

I don't care about who's running the Falklands.
                              Then why do you keep arguing that the British should hand them over?

Comment

• cos I notice you mention aboriginal children being taken away but you don't mention why

Comment

Working...
                                X