Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
    Same as the Forth Bridge in Scotland

Far more impressive IMO! I actually thought the Golden Gate bridge was pretty boring, to be honest...

Also USS Missouri > USS Iowa IMO.
    Your damn link:
    [url]https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=forth+road+bridge&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=804&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=nsvET4q0I4j58QOLp8nCCg#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=forth+bridge+scotland&oq=forth+bridge&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=img.1.1.0l10.7084.7084.0.9521.1.1.0.0.0.0.37. 37.1.1.0...0.0.dzDwVAHA1TQ&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=62f788b398656534&biw=1280&bih=804
    Stop lying already.

Comment

A "graphical representation", you lying twit:
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Aging infrastructure lies are the worst kind of lies!
        MOBIUS is a sad, sad little man.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          Your damn link:

Stop lying already.
          Yep, that is my link and it links to what I say it does here in the UK...

Hey, tell you what, instead of being a douche and calling me a liar, why not have some imagination and consider the alternative explanation that perhaps it gets 'lost in translation' between accessing the link from the UK and US sides of Google...? Clearly it would explain why "in post #32 I started prattling on about a cantilever bridge".
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if the UK Google was lying, because the UK is full of LIARS like MOBIUS.

Comment

This thread is a testament to the pathetic sadness of once upon time greatness totally trashed by the incompetence of following generations.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Oerdin, I'm curious as to what kind of food you can get at the Golden Gate Bridge.
                Sadly, nothing but on Treasure Island, which has one of the best views of the bridge, the city, and the headlands there is a great little cafe which has some extremely inventive sandwiches which are to die for. Just FYI.

Well, Technically it's on Yerba Buena Island right by the picnic area but ever since they built the land bridge the two islands have really been one island.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  It wouldn't surprise me if the UK Google was lying, because the UK is full of LIARS like MOBIUS.
                  Take your chill pills gribs...

As I said, there was a perfectly reasonable explanation to your claims (because I have decided to believe you), but if you want to be a dick about it, go right ahead because I don't need to lie to put you in your place...

In fact, I don't need to do anything at all apparently...

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                    Yes Gribbler, it is...

First major steel cantilever (still 2nd longest in the world!) railway bridge in the world and first railway bridge with a steel superstructure. Also was the world’s longest spanning bridge at the time of its construction. Way more impressive looking than the GGB!

So, in the space of 47 years, the Golden Gate bridge could only manage a measly extra 685ft!?
                    Sod that, look at the Humber Bridge
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah, but that's in Hull which everyone knows sucks.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        Yeah, but that's in Hull which everyone knows sucks.
                        Yes, Hull sucks, but even it has a better bridge than the Golden Gate Bridge...

Comment

Working...
                        X