No announcement yet.

Golden Gate Bridge at 75.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, a shorter bridge is far more impressive.

Comment

Yes Gribbler, it is...

First major steel cantilever (still 2nd longest in the world!) railway bridge in the world and first railway bridge with a steel superstructure. Also was the world’s longest spanning bridge at the time of its construction. Way more impressive looking than the GGB!

So, in the space of 47 years, the Golden Gate bridge could only manage a measly extra 685ft!?
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Larger ship, bigger bridge

Pic can't be copied so click here
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Oerdin, I'm curious as to what kind of food you can get at the Golden Gate Bridge.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
            Yes Gribbler, it is...

First major steel cantilever (still 2nd longest in the world!) railway bridge in the world and first railway bridge with a steel superstructure. Also was the world’s longest spanning bridge at the time of its construction. Way more impressive looking than the GGB!

So, in the space of 47 years, the Golden Gate bridge could only manage a measly extra 685ft!?
            Your Google link was the forth road bridge, not the forth bridge, illiterate.

Comment

Yeah, what a bunch of idiots! Why didn't they just widen the San Francisco Bay so that the Golden Gate Bridge could beat the previous record by more!

Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

mean while the new bay bridge span is only half finished, over budget, and decades late

and now cali is building a high speed train that starts in the middle of no where.....go killifornia
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  Your Google link was the forth road bridge, not the forth bridge, illiterate.
                  Funny, when it says 'forth bridge scotland' in the search box and virtually every picture is of the bridge in question - I take it you don't know the difference between 'Cantilever' and 'Suspension'...?

And you call me illiterate?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    Yeah, what a bunch of idiots! Why didn't they just widen the San Francisco Bay so that the Golden Gate Bridge could beat the previous record by more!

I'm just saying that one was cutting edge and worthy of greatness, considering it was built in the 19th century, whereas the other was relatively modest in comparison...

Comment

Funny, when it says 'forth bridge scotland' in the search box and virtually every picture is of the bridge in question - I take it you don't know the difference between 'Cantilever' and 'Suspension'...?

And you call me illiterate?
                      What the hell are you talking about? It says "forth road bridge" in the url of the link you provided and in the search box and almost all of the pictures are of a suspension bridge you ****ing liar. Then in post #32 you started prattling on about a cantilever bridge as if that was the bridge you linked to. God you are so stupid.

Comment

I'm just saying that one was cutting edge and worthy of greatness, considering it was built in the 19th century, whereas the other was relatively modest in comparison...
                        Why did you link to pictures of a suspension bridge from the 1960s then you dribbling ******?

Comment

Aging infrastructure lies are the worst kind of lies!
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            What the hell are you talking about? It says "forth road bridge" in the url of the link you provided and in the search box and almost all of the pictures are of a suspension bridge you ****ing liar.

You need your eyesight tested! Definitely says 'forth bridge scotland' in the search box in the link I provided - I should know as I typed it in! If that search calls up a url with the word 'road' in it, ***** to google and not me - certainly don't call me a ****ing liar because of it!

As for the difference between cantilever and suspension bridges, here is a graphical representation for your education!

Cantilever

Suspension

Then in post #32 you started prattling on about a cantilever bridge as if that was the bridge you linked to. God you are so stupid.
                            Yes, obviously I predicted you would act like a dumbass before you even knew it yourself.

Oh wait, you're too dumb to realise you've been pwned before and after the event!

Comment

In fact I'm so smart compared to you that I predict what is going to happen next...

Comment

A graphical representation of the link I provided:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	9093410

That was fun, can we go again?

Comment

Working...
                                X