Finally, Some Good News for Mitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    I just don't believe this. That means you were never bullied or attacked by anyone. Never jumped. Never had to defend yourself.

I mean I know that you'll never find a white kid from the hood who never had to fight but come off it. Even in Whitebreadville, there's bullies you had to have had to fight.

You must have lived a charmed life.
    I was bullied plenty as a kid; I've never been in a fight.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      I was bullied plenty as a kid; I've never been in a fight.
      It's not a sign of honor to be a *****, Lori.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I wouldn't associate with anyone who would think me a ***** for not getting in a fight.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'm told that I bullied a bunch of people in school, but I don't really remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            I wouldn't associate with anyone who would think me a ***** for not getting in a fight.
            Self-defense is a virtue. You said you were bullied a plenty. How many bruises did you take? How much torment did you endure? How much did you cry? And you just took it. That's pathetic. Not something to be proud of.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'm against adults fighting but sometimes you have to just to survive. So on Apolyton, everyone but me will allow themselves to be killed rather than raise a finger against their attacker...

Comment

You ain't hard, Albie. Come back when you've taken a bullet and maybe I'll take you seriously.

Comment

In spite of the fact that I am at least a decade older than Al, have never thrown a punch in my life, am at least 10 pounds overweight and mildly out of shape, and have--at minimum--one and a half bad knees, I am completely and totally unintimidated by you and your posturing, Al.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Self-defense is a virtue. You said you were bullied a plenty. How many bruises did you take?
                    None.

How much torment did you endure?
                    A lot. Then I graduated from high school.

How much did you cry?
                    Very little.

And you just took it. That's pathetic. Not something to be proud of.
                    Sometimes I just took it. Sometimes I laughed at bullies and then walked away from them. Sometimes I agreed with whatever they said about me and then walked away from them. Sometimes I told them that they weren't, in fact, going to beat me up and then walked away from them. I had many strategies for avoiding physical confrontations, and they worked.

Comment

Life is violent. I just don't see how my life is not typical. What charmed life do people live? You fight to survive. You have to growing up white in the ghetto.
                      1. I didn't grow up in the ghetto and generally the people I associated with were decent
                      2. I wasn't petty enough to start punching someone because of something as dumb as getting a basketball knocked out of my hand (didn't happen to me, but seriously? You must have anger problems.)

Comment

The number of fights that Albie has been in is far less disturbing than the pride he takes in having zero self-control.

There were several times in my life when I could have gotten into a fight if I wished, but it was never worth it. The only fight I couldn't avoid was in 2nd grade when a kid tackled me on the playground (I think I'd shown him up in gym class or something, I'm not sure) - I punched him a few times, we both got detention, and that was that. None of the other kids faulted me for defending myself, but nor did they praise me for winning the fight, because they weren't idiots.
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          At least Obama could remember being a bully.
                          While it true he remembers being a bully, its equally likely that little Coretta was a composite of character of the myriad instances of his misogynistic treatment of little girls in the same vein as his formative stories re: arguements with his white girl friend(s).
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I was never bullied growing up. Only fights were with brothers and best friends. I did get attacked at night once in SoCal. Not going to stick around to fight 3 guys in a dark street of course...

Comment

Self-defense is a virtue. You said you were bullied a plenty. How many bruises did you take? How much torment did you endure? How much did you cry? And you just took it. That's pathetic. Not something to be proud of.

It is if you are a pacifist. Sometimes it takes more courage to back away with grace than to fight.

I did get into quite a few fights when i was younger. Most of them were against bullies who were after someone else.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                                While it true he remembers being a bully, its equally likely that little Coretta was a composite of character of the myriad instances of his misogynistic treatment of little girls in the same vein as his formative stories re: arguements with his white girl friend(s).
                                Probably not. Going by Obama's account of the tale, which is all we have, it's a rather tame incident considering his age and circumstances. Only a moron or someone with questionable credibility would call this an equal or greater offence than Romney's, which was clearly done out of cruelty.

However, both incidents were so far in their pasts that I don't think they reflect the current character of either candidate. In addition, in Romney's defense, we all know what private, elite boarding schools are like. That kind of stuff just happens.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X