So, I'm going back to school.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Lori.

I was older than you when I returned to school for the last time. My only advice - Make sure you know where you want to end up.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      Some of what I'm reading online seems to suggest that a BS in Astronomy is not a particularly useful degree, and that I should just continue with Physics until I get to grad school. Hmm.
      Well, from what I understand, Ben's degree is in Astronomy.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I think his actual degree is in History, but he may have taken Astronomy 101 along the way, too.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Well, that would bring the list of degrees he has claimed to have up to 3--physics, astronomy and history, and he's useless at all of them.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Astronomy is like a specialized type of Physics.

UMDs astronomy degree is 6 astronomy courses, 6 physics courses, and 5 math courses. I think you could take the most of the same courses (and all the astronomy high level ones) and have a physics degree instead of an astronomy degree.

JM
            Last edited by Jon Miller; April 3, 2012, 10:55.
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
              Astronomy is like a specialized type of Physics.
              Yes, a pure one unadulterated by annoyances such as friction and non-spherical cows.

UMDs astronomy degree is 6 astronomy courses, 6 physics courses, and 5 math courses. I think you could take the most of the same courses (and all the astronomy high level ones) and have a physics degree instead of an astronomy degree.

JM
              UMD is one of the places I'm looking to transfer to after I get my AS. I'm automatically granted admission to the university if I have a degree and a high enough GPA (~3ish, iirc) from Montgomery College (the community college I'm going to).
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                Well, from what I understand, Ben's degree is in Astronomy.
                He told me History as he completely mangled all basic history lessons.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  Yes, a pure one unadulterated by annoyances such as friction and non-spherical cows.
                  Astronomy has friction and standard physics doesn't really have non-spherical cows.

The main difference is the physics degree would sound more useful, I think.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I knew you'd come in and correct me. You just can't resist.

Comment

Ben has a history degree but he was a major transfer. He originally was physics or astronomy or something.

He claimed to be great at physics and challenged HC to offer him some physics problems to solve. HC sonned him.
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                      X