No announcement yet.

Would you eat feces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually the number of jobs should increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      Actually the number of jobs should increase.
      You forget that those numerous jobs would be low paid contrary to those making pink slime
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
        You forget that those numerous jobs would be low paid contrary to those making pink slime
        I'm not sure if that would be true or not. There are many similarities involved between processing cattle and processing the waste by-products. Also, you're tacking on more jobs involved in raising more cattle and raising demand for feed. I'm sure with the right lobbyists they could even get the pink slime added to feed products (if it's not already).

Comment

And I thougth that my would be enough to imply a little drop of irony
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I think we speak different smiley languages. is a smug, condescending one when used in rebuttal...

Comment

Well, I consider a a - all depending

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                about that pink slime...

"Pink slime" has been all over the news recently. Now the fear over the so called slime is beginning to have economic effects. This week Beef Products Incorporated, or BPI, temporarily closed down a total of three meat processing plants in Kansas, Texas and Iowa. The social media backlash over the processed meat may end its use, which could mean a lot of lost jobs. So the governors of those states are doing damage control. On Thursday they toured the only BPI factory still open, in South Sioux City, Nebraska.

You've thrown hundreds of people out of work and consigned over a million additional cattle to slaughter because of this.

Congratulations.
                So what? The free market at work, baby. People get to buy what they want.

My personal take is label it as chemically treated bovine biproduct, list the percentage of it in ground beef, and then let the market work. I'm sure some people will just want the lowest price and won't care while other will care. That's how the market works.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

On the upside it looks like dog food prices will be going down.

Comment

Unfortunately the market tends to reward sensationalism - just keep saying "ewwwww, floor cleaner!" or "rendered meat = feces!" and you'll do the impossible by making chicken mcnuggets unappetizing
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

No one likes my link to the Japanese plan to turn human feces into food?

Comment

Go to the murder thread and play with my glass houses comment.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

as long as there was corn in it
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Despite reportedly being in financial trouble before the “pink slime” controversy stormed the mainstream and social media universes, another ground beef processor is now crying uncle because of it. AFA Foods Inc., of King of Prussia, Pa., filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Monday, according to The Los Angeles Times, [...]

One pink slime maker files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Comment

Still waiting on a response by the gentlemen from Iowa.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X