X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zevico View Post
    Yeah this one is the full video. The second half was on WSHH:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Here's the info for the case in Chicago:

A man charged with a hate crime in Oak Park this week told police he was so upset about the Trayvon Martin case that he beat up a man because he was white, authorities said.

Alton L. Hayes III, 18, of Oak Park, and a 15-year-old Chicagoan — both black — walked up behind the 19-year-old victim and pinned his arms to his side early Tuesday, police said. Hayes then picked up a large tree branch, pointed it at the man and said, “Empty your pockets, white boy.”

They rifled through his pockets, threw him to the ground and punched him in the head and back “numerous times,” police said.

They ran off, but officers sent to the scene spotted them and arrested them.

After he was arrested, Hayes told police he was upset by the racially charged Trayvon Martin case in Florida and beat the man because he was white, Cook County state’s attorney’s office spokeswoman Tandra Simonton said, citing court records.

Hayes was charged with attempted robbery, aggravated battery and a hate crime, all felonies.

He was ordered held on $80,000 bond and remained in Cook County Jail on Friday. The 15-year-old was referred to juvenile court.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• See, it doesn't matter if the guy is innocent. People out there, like people in here, are reacting without even hearing any evidence. Pretty ****ed up, no matter who was wrong in the situation. For my part, I think they both made mistakes.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• There's certainly no shortage of idiots in this country.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• In this world.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• yep
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                Oh, the irony. Black lynch mobs. **** the media, but especially **** Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.
                The irony here is that you and others who are criticizing the media, especially Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, are the biggest defenders of conservative media, especially FOX news and Rush Limbaugh, which regular dispenses such polemic. A year ago there were valid concerns of the likes of Rush and Glenn Beck having fomented the violence that led to Rep. Giffords getting shot. Yet, HC and TMM defended them. Zevico is so dependent on conservative media that he's completely lost the ability to think on his own. And, as if to drive the point home, who is telling you to hate the media, especially Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton? FOX news!

Fox News Flash keeps you up to date on the news being made and opinions being given across all of Fox News’ platforms.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• [QUOTE=DaShi;6105557]The irony here is that you and others who are criticizing the media, especially Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, are the biggest defenders of conservative media, especially FOX news and Rush Limbaugh, which regular dispenses such polemic.

A year ago there were valid concerns of the likes of Rush and Glenn Beck having fomented the violence that led to Rep. Giffords getting shot.

Well if you say so then really, those valid concerns must necessarily exist. Never mind that Glenn Beck has never called for violence against anyone--whereas Sharpton openly called for race riots and the New Black Panthers put a dead or alive bounty on a man's head. Never mind that CBS practically edited any suggestion that Zimmerman's 911 call might reflect the concerns of a concerned citizen out of existence so that they might be replaced with some fantasy land version of Zimmerman as some kind of anti-black skinhead. Beck or Limbaugh's contempt for the Democrats has never translated into a call for a race riot, or a race war; nor has it ever translated into a call for violence against the democrats themselves. Of course, if you can offer a single instance where Beck or Rush did so then I would be all too happy to retract my remarks.

And, as if to drive the point home, who is telling you to hate the media, especially Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton? FOX news!

What a joke. I don't even read or watch FOX. I don't watch or listen to Limbaugh or Glenn Beck. I don't have cable. You know why I'm so confident I'd know about actual racism from these Beck or Limbaugh or actual racism on FOX? Because if there were the media class would have identified that racism with clarity and precision years ago. Oh wait--the media class identifying anything with clarity and precision is really a step too far.

I have no problem with FOX by the way. I just happen to get my news and opinion elsewhere. This reasoning amounts to "if FOX says it, it must be wrong"; which amounts to an argument ad hominem.
                  Last edited by Zevico; April 25, 2012, 09:15.
                  "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• You know, I just don't feel like it anymore.
                    Last edited by The Mad Monk; April 25, 2012, 13:07.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• It's hard when Rush hasn't given you the answer.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• [QUOTE=Zevico;6105575]
                        Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                        The irony here is that you and others who are criticizing the media, especially Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, are the biggest defenders of conservative media, especially FOX news and Rush Limbaugh, which regular dispenses such polemic.

A year ago there were valid concerns of the likes of Rush and Glenn Beck having fomented the violence that led to Rep. Giffords getting shot.

Well if you say so then really, those valid concerns must necessarily exist. Never mind that Glenn Beck has never called for violence against anyone--whereas Sharpton openly called for race riots and the New Black Panthers put a dead or alive bounty on a man's head. Never mind that CBS practically edited any suggestion that Zimmerman's 911 call might reflect the concerns of a concerned citizen out of existence so that they might be replaced with some fantasy land version of Zimmerman as some kind of anti-black skinhead. Beck or Limbaugh's contempt for the Democrats has never translated into a call for a race riot, or a race war; nor has it ever translated into a call for violence against the democrats themselves. Of course, if you can offer a single instance where Beck or Rush did so then I would be all too happy to retract my remarks.

And, as if to drive the point home, who is telling you to hate the media, especially Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton? FOX news!

What a joke. I don't even read or watch FOX. I don't watch or listen to Limbaugh or Glenn Beck. I don't have cable. You know why I'm so confident I'd know about actual racism from these Beck or Limbaugh or actual racism on FOX? Because if there were the media class would have identified that racism with clarity and precision years ago. Oh wait--the media class identifying anything with clarity and precision is really a step too far.

I have no problem with FOX by the way. I just happen to get my news and opinion elsewhere. This reasoning amounts to "if FOX says it, it must be wrong"; which amounts to an argument ad hominem.

I I I I me me me I I I. If you're going to selectively quote me only to talk about yourself, at least use the portion of my post specifically about you, Ben.

Is all this perfectly reasonable to you?
                        Last edited by DaShi; April 25, 2012, 21:45.
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                          It's hard when Rush hasn't given you the answer.
                          No, it's just that you are not fun.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Lengthy article about the life of George Zimmerman.

This is illuminating, though:

On February 2, 2012, Zimmerman placed a call to Sanford police after spotting a young black man he recognized peering into the windows of a neighbor's empty home, according to several friends and neighbors.

"I don't know what he's doing. I don't want to approach him, personally," Zimmerman said in the call, which was recorded. The dispatcher advised him that a patrol car was on the way. By the time police arrived, according to the dispatch report, the suspect had fled.

On February 6, the home of another Twin Lakes resident, Tatiana Demeacis, was burglarized. Two roofers working directly across the street said they saw two African-American men lingering in the yard at the time of the break-in. A new laptop and some gold jewelry were stolen. One of the roofers called police the next day after spotting one of the suspects among a group of male teenagers, three black and one white, on bicycles.

Police found Demeacis's laptop in the backpack of 18-year-old Emmanuel Burgess, police reports show, and charged him with dealing in stolen property. Burgess was the same man Zimmerman had spotted on February 2.

Burgess had committed a series of burglaries on the other side of town in 2008 and 2009, pleaded guilty to several, and spent all of 2010 incarcerated in a juvenile facility, his attorney said. He is now in jail on parole violations.

Three days after Burgess was arrested, Zimmerman's grandmother was hospitalized for an infection, and the following week his father was also admitted for a heart condition. Zimmerman spent a number of those nights on a hospital room couch.

Ten days after his father was hospitalized, Zimmerman noticed another young man in the neighborhood, acting in a way he found familiar, so he made another call to police.
                            "We've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy," Zimmerman said, as Trayvon Martin returned home from the store.

The last time Zimmerman had called police, to report Burgess, he followed protocol and waited for police to arrive. They were too late, and Burgess got away.

This time, Zimmerman was not so patient, and he disregarded police advice against pursuing Martin.

"These *******s," he muttered in an aside, "they always get away."

After the phone call ended, several minutes passed when the movements of Zimmerman and Martin remain a mystery.

Moments later, Martin lay dead with a bullet in his chest.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                              Is all this perfectly reasonable to you?
                              http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...=1#post5912731
                              No, that isn't sufficient evidence to support your claim at all.

You're being an *******, and you deserve the contempt that everyone else in this thread has for you.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                                No, that isn't sufficient evidence to support your claim at all.

You're being an *******, and you deserve the contempt that everyone else in this thread has for you.
                                To be fair, it important to note that Dashi will be the most likely to accurately interpret the dogwhistle signals.
                                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X