Why isn't this murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Hey I can't be accused of confirmation bias. I've switched sides!
    waffler

Comment

• I have, and I always will support that Z shouldn't be allowed out on the streets with a gun. It doesn't matter if T turns out to be the dark lord Satan himself who raped Z for 40 seconds. Z clearly lacks the judgement necessary to handle the responsibility he tried to assume for himself. Regardless of how it turns out the altercation went down, there's no denying that Z could have avoided the whole incident by not doing something colossally stupid. Unnecessarily chasing after someone in the dark is an aggressive act which endangers his and other's lives, and it's extremely clear Z is guilty on that count.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        waffler
        ROMNEY 2012
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Yah... you say that now! We'll see next week

Comment

• People are always about that money, I guess:

Crazy.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
              I'm still leaning toward this being murder, but it's more like 60-40 (compared to my original 80-20).
              I think that's about where I am. Zimmerman's constant loony phone calls to the police are the biggest thing against him in my mind.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                Zimmerman had a bloody nose, a contusion on the back of his head, and grass on the back of his shirt.
                As I said, news reports state that a kid witnessed Zimmerman on the ground screaming, then a gunshot. What's not in the report is whether the kid also saw Trayvon and where Trayvon was at the time. I'm thinking that if Trayvon was whooping Zimmerman or going for Zimmerman's gun the kid would have to have seen that also and it should have been in the report. Did the kid not see Trayvon because Trayvon hit Zimmerman then backed off? Another possibility is that the kid or the reporter has the sequence of events mixed up, that the kid heard the screams, then the gunshot, but saw nothing, then moved to a position where he could see Zimmerman on the ground.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                  It's wonderful watching 80% of you making up your minds as to what happened with very little evidence and then interpreting any further information in that light. The majority of you guys are ****ing pathetic.
                  Americans argue Afghans can't deliver a fair trial whereas both US and Afghanistan look like mob justice to me.

Zimmerman will be charged and tried for political reasons now. Well done US.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I doubt politics will be too involved in his actual trial, but the blabbing classes in the media will certainly be discussing the political angle. Not to mention, now that the racism cat is out of the bag, it's not going back. Even if the trial results in completely undeniable and irrefutable evidence that Zimmerman was acting in self-defense, the racism accusations will never end in all of human history. Similarly I think that there will always be people claiming this actually was self-defense regardless of trial results, especially those who support self defense laws.

Comment

• New Black Panther Party offering bounty on Zimmerman.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                        New Black Panther Party offering bounty on Zimmerman.
                        Despicable, and kind of misses the point about why what Zimmerman did is bad.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                          New Black Panther Party offering bounty on Zimmerman.
                          Are you ****ing serious?

It's not even clear yet whether it was murder or not. Vigilante killing certainly would be.

Comment

• Trayvon Martin: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of shooter George Zimmerman
                            6:28 p.m. EST, March 24, 2012|By Arelis R. Hernandez, Orlando Sentinel
                            Comments581Share4102Mikhail Muhammad, center, leads a protest by the New Black Panther… (Gary W. Green, Orlando Sentinel)
                            SANFORD — Members of the New Black Panther Party are offering a $10,000 reward for the "capture" of George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin.

New Black Panther leader Mikhail Muhammad announced the reward during a protest in Sanford Saturday. And when asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 10,000 black men to capture Zimmerman, who shot Trayvon in a gated Sanford community on Feb. 26.

Muhammad said members of his group would search for Zimmerman themselves in Maitland — where the 28-year old worked before the shooting, employees there told the Orlando Sentinel. He declined to say when the group would begin their search.

Comment

• Well since the Black Panther stuff is being posted like a week late, I guess you all don't know that Spike Lee re-tweeted Zimmerman's home address...

Comment

• It popped back up because of a rumor that the BPP raised the bounty to $1,000,000.

Comment

Working...
                                X