Why isn't this murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
    How do you know that he hasn't inflicted those damages by himself ? I mean, he might have relized that he had just killed a kid and looked at a lifetime sentence. Hitting himself on the nose, banging the head into some concrete and rolling in the grass isn't much to pay considering the alternative.
    Good luck proving that in court.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Zimmerman had a bloody nose, a contusion on the back of his head, and grass on the back of his shirt.
      All deserved. (Though I can't say that the way it happened was just. Just that chasing someone down in the dark you deserve to get your ass kicked.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        All deserved. (Though I can't say that the way it happened was just. Just that chasing someone down in the dark you deserve to get your ass kicked.)
        Good to know next time muggers approach me. I'll just open fire.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• The other thing, how can a whole neighborhood just sit there for at least 40+ seconds of someone miserably yelling for help and not a single person actually tries to help?

Comment

Good to know next time muggers approach me. I'll just open fire.
            Are you a moron? You don't give someone a bloody nose, contusion, and grass stains by shooting them...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              The other thing, how can a whole neighborhood just sit there for at least 40+ seconds of someone miserably yelling for help and not a single person actually tries to help?
              Snitches get stitches, yo!

At least 30 people witnessed the crime I witnessed but not a single person besides me did anything. I've been robbed on multiple occasions in front of bystanders who did nothing.

That is how people are.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Good luck proving that in court.
                Well, that's CSI Miamis job
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Zimmerman had a bloody nose, a contusion on the back of his head, and grass on the back of his shirt.
                  The intial police report does not include anything about a bloody nose or grass stains. It was only later, after the media picked up the story, that an ammended report was filed listing those things but the original report did not include any of those things.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    The intial police report does not include anything about a bloody nose or grass stains. It was only later, after the media picked up the story, that an ammended report was filed listing those things but the original report did not include any of those things.
                    Incorrect. Here's the police report:

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                      How do you know that he hasn't inflicted those damages by himself ? I mean, he might have relized that he had just killed a kid and looked at a lifetime sentence. Hitting himself on the nose, banging the head into some concrete and rolling in the grass isn't much to pay considering the alternative.
                      Albie posted facts. You posted speculation.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• It's wonderful watching 80% of you making up your minds as to what happened with very little evidence and then interpreting any further information in that light. The majority of you guys are ****ing pathetic.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• According to Zimmerman, he broke off his "pursuit" (that line from MIB when Will Smith is ripping on his overweight backups comes to mind ) and the kid came back to him. The kid's GF said she tried to convince him to run, but he wouldn't. Sounds like the kid went back and after a few words started throwing punches.

If thats what happened, Zimmerman will walk and he'll deserve an apology.

Along with forensics to determine how far the bullet traveled, identifying the screamer is crucial. When I first heard of this story and the media onslaught on Zimmerman I listened to the tape and thought the kid was screaming for his life as Zimmerman pointed a gun at him execution style, but if Zimmerman is the screamer it supports his version.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            It's wonderful watching 80% of you making up your minds as to what happened with very little evidence and then interpreting any further information in that light. The majority of you guys are ****ing pathetic.
                            Hey I can't be accused of confirmation bias. I've switched sides!

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                              According to Zimmerman, he broke off his "pursuit" (that line from MIB when Will Smith is ripping on his overweight backups comes to mind ) and the kid came back to him. The kid's GF said she tried to convince him to run, but he wouldn't. Sounds like the kid went back and after a few words started throwing punches.

If thats what happened, Zimmerman will walk and he'll deserve an apology.

Along with forensics to determine how far the bullet traveled, identifying the screamer is crucial. When I first heard of this story and the media onslaught on Zimmerman I listened to the tape and thought the kid was screaming for his life as Zimmerman pointed a gun at him execution style, but if Zimmerman is the screamer it supports his version.
                              A witness "John" says it was Zimmerman screaming. I've seen conflicting reports about what a 13-year old named Austin Brown said, however. I've seen articles claiming this witness said Zimmerman was the one screaming while other articles said it was Trayvon whom the witness saw screaming. Who knows?

I just hope that if he's found innocent, no dumb **** happens.

Comment

Hey I can't be accused of confirmation bias. I've switched sides!
                                I'm not including you in the 80%. I do think you assigned too muchconfidence to your opinion in both cases, though.
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X