Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is it okay to call someone a bigot or accuse them of hating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    If it is in reference to your continued discussion with Dashi, I completely agree. Though I most definitely appreciate your coming to my aid. I too have little idea what he was getting at .
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't either.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
      Of course you didn't. I shouldn't have expected you to.
      Did you?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post

I should not be surprised.
        No you shouldn't, especially considering that they have been active for decades (at least since the eighties, since that's when I first heard of them).

"Y'shua" is a product of that movement.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
          I'm pretty sure he doesn't either.

I know. I only explained it, like three times. Want to post your same rant again, maybe the topic will magically change to it being relevant at some point? Or are you just going to be an ass to everyone who you imagine has a dissenting point of view?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            I too have little idea what he was getting at .
            It seemed pretty obvious to be fair.

Comment

• What was obvious, what Imran was saying or DaShi's schpiel? If you have any idea what the latter was banging on about, do tell; you're generally more civil and rational than he is. It seemed like a flat assertion to me, unsupported by anything at all.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I was civil in this thread until you showed up being an ass. Perhaps you need to take a long look at yourself before criticizing others.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  What was obvious, what Imran was saying or DaShi's schpiel? If you have any idea what the latter was banging on about, do tell; you're generally more civil and rational than he is. It seemed like a flat assertion to me, unsupported by anything at all.
                  I assumed he was saying that if you follow one religion over another or one branch of a religion over another, then you presumably believe the one you chose is the one that most accurately describes the proper relationship to god. If thats the case, then you're assuming a position of moral superiority over someone who follows another religion.

Doesn't mean a person is necessarily being a douche about it, but its kind of implied that they must believe their lot are the more morally correct or else why wouldn't they follow a different branch of the church or different religion.

Comment

• Is believing someone is incorrect about the truth believing they are morally inferior?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• No.
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Brilliant.
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                          Is believing someone is incorrect about the truth believing they are morally inferior?
                          Actually, this question is too vague to give a yes or no answer to. Could you elaborate a bit more?
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Lovely, asking for clarity when the probelm is trying to resolve the cryptic in the first place.

Only so many yaps and whines that the the good people can figure out. Need to go walkies again?
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Here's an avatar image for you:

Click image for larger version

Name:	augie_doggie.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	9092848

Last edited by DaShi; February 20, 2012, 18:07. Reason: Oops, that would be a waste of time. :)
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                                I was civil in this thread until you showed up being an ass. Perhaps you need to take a long look at yourself before criticizing others.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X