Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's have mechanically separated chicken for dinner tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I typically eat meat at least twice a day, usually beef and/or chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
      So you think that a process that has been there for 200,000 years has not been there long enough?
      When it started it hadn't been around for 200,000 years. Yet it immediately proved useful. You admitted that, "Very possibly natural selection singled out humans not adapted to cooked food," but you never applied that to your thinking.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        Whether or not this is even true, why should I give a **** what other Americans eat? They can eat asbestos for all I care; it's their business.
        What other adults eat sure, but when it comes to kids then no it's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          The central issue is that you believe your instincts are superior to science when it comes to biology. And my instincts tell me that biology is a science.
          I never said this, you dumbass.

I said that we understand instinctively what natural means when it comes to food.

Then I said that in most life situations, instincts > logic. Exhibit A: it's incredibly difficult to teach a computer many things that we grasp almost instantly.

Given your insistance at being a moron, I then provided a list of criteria that I came up with in one and a half minute, that are not perfect but mostly satisfactory.

Note that had I not been discussing with you, I would not have had to do this, since most people can understand that a cooked trout you got from a lake is not the same as the pink slime of a chicken that cannot walk, was fed with his own ****, bloated with antibiotics, then treated with ammonia.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
            No ****. That's why fad diets sometimes do better than average, because the average American diet is terrible.
            Most studies about diets I have seen weight results from a group that has been given the nutritionally correct elements, and another one that is told to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
              I'm still confused. Why the **** does everyone seem to be arguing about food packed with chemicals and **** being somehow good for you? I'm not a vegetarian and I eat a lot of ****ty processed food, but claiming its not unhealthy seems hella stupid.
              Junk food is obviously not as good for you as fresh fruits and vegetables but the hysteria over CHEMICALS is ridiculous. By some people's logic I guess we shouldn't try any new foods because we can never know for certain how our bodies will react to thousands of CHEMICALS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                When it started it hadn't been around for 200,000 years. Yet it immediately proved useful. You admitted that, "Very possibly natural selection singled out humans not adapted to cooked food," but you never applied that to your thinking.
                Actually, there are signs that we evolved to adapt to cooked food.

Domestic carnivores, like our beloved cats and dogs, react better to raw meat than cooked meat.

Also, you have to consider that cooking at first had some detrimental effects, that were largely offset by the improved hygiene.

Comment

So you think that a process that has been there for 200,000 years has not been there long enough?
                  I'm saying that the throttle up happened soon enough after cooking that refering to 200,000 years is retarded.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                    I'm saying that the throttle up happened soon enough after cooking that refering to 200,000 years is retarded.
                    See post #322 for a first element of answer.

200,000 years is hindsight that we don't have with many current products (and yes, that is a meaningful point).

Comment

Then I said that in most life situations, instincts > logic. Exhibit A: it's incredibly difficult to teach a computer many things that we grasp almost instantly.
                      Right, right. And how do we know in which situations logic > instincts?
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

See post #322 for a first element of answer.

200,000 years is hindsight that we don't have with many current products (and yes, that is a meaningful point).

What actually happened there is that cooking allowed for such an increase in calories that larger brains became affordable. By the same token, that means raw foods are no longer really suitable.

Explore National Geographic. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.
                        Last edited by The Mad Monk; March 12, 2012, 14:15.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                        X