Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's have mechanically separated chicken for dinner tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's have mechanically separated chicken for dinner tonight.

Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?
    130 Comments Posted by docakilah on May 11, 2011

By Bruce Hampton

You have been served…………with mechanically separated chicken! Over a billion sold!

This is what fast-food chicken nuggets, processed frozen chicken meat, and patties are made of. BARF!!!!!

Here’s the creation process. What they do is take parts of a chicken and put it through this machine that mechanically separate the meat from the bone. Unfortunately, that doesn’t happen. What it does instead is smash EVERYTHING including the bones, eyes and guts making it come out looking like the picture above.

Since this meat is infested with bacteria, it will be soaked in ammonia in order to kill those little critters. But who wants ammonia nuggets? Not I and I’m sure you don’t want any either. So in order to mask the ammonia taste, they season it with a **** load of artificial flavors. [Yup, that will do it]

Right about now, I know what you’re gonna ask. “Hey Bruce? How do they get rid of the freakish pink color?”

Dude? That’s what dye is for. So in order to get people to devour this crap, they dye it with artificial colors in order to give it that white texture.

Here’s the deal with mechanically separated meat. [I’m going to call it MSM for short because I don’t have that much time on my hands.] MSM is a paste like substance that is created by forcing part of an animal carcass into the sleeve of a machine called “Meat Deboner”.

HA! Meat De-BONER!

**Dudes? If you’re trying to get lucky one night, don’t eat chicken nuggets. It will kill your boner!**

Ok, where was I? Oh yeah! I was talking about boners the meat deboner machine. So they cram the animal parts into this machine, which grinds up the animal carcasses into a big glob of reddish mush!

So this is what you get in the end.

But they’re not done folks. Next, they add ammonium hydroxide to kill the bacterial and then they add anhydrous ammonia for refrigeration purposes. This concoction goes on to become the main ingredient in many hot dogs, bologna, chicken nuggets, pepperoni, salami, jerky, etc.

I don’t know about you but my stomach is turning inside and out just typing about this stuff. Now I see why more and more people are going vegetarian.

It’s not only chicken nuggets that have been MSMed!!!! Most meat companies take the “cheap route” by using the less desirable meat of animals to make food. Meat that is unidentifiable like hot dogs, hamburgers and that stuff you find in frozen dinners. When these meats are Frankensteined created, they don’t really need to retain their appearance, shape or texture. In order to trick consumers, meat companies use artificial flavoring, coloring and preservatives to alter the color, taste and texture of this trash.

Who cares if it’s shaped like a turd. At least it taste good, right?

Now you’re probably asking yourself, “How can they get away with this? Is there no dignity in the Meat Packing Industry?”

The answer? HELLLLLLLLLLL NO!

You see, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), mechanically separated poultry is safe to eat and may be used without restriction.

But before you start organizing an “Occupy USDA” movement, they (the USDA) did state that commercial food products must be labeled as Mechanically Separated Poultry:

Mechanically separated poultry (MSP) is a paste-like and batter-like poultry product produced by forcing bones, with attached edible tissue, through a sieve or similar device under high pressure to separate bone from the edible tissue. Mechanically separated poultry has been used in poultry products since the late 1960′s. Mechanically separated meat may not be described simply as “meat” on food labels, but must be labeled as “mechanically separated” pork, chicken, or turkey in the ingredients statement.

Honestly, how many of you really take the time to read the ingredient labels on your food?

Since there was a big scare about the spread of mad cow disease (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy) the sale of MSM-derived beef products for human consumption in the U.S. was banned in 2004.

However, the United Kingdom decided to take a different route.

Since bits of the spinal cord (the part most likely to be carrying BSE) often got mixed in with the rest of the meat, products using mechanically separated meat taken from the carcasses of bovines were at higher risk for transmitting BSE to humans. The United Kingdom tightened restrictions to help ensure that pieces of the spinal cord would not be present in mechanically separated meat taken from bovines in 1989.[1][2]

Really? How do they go about doing that? Is someone pulling cow spine out of each and every carcass before sticking it into the machine? If you believe that then I have 10 acres of land to sell you in Texas. All you have to do is pay the $400 property tax and the land is all YOURS!!!!!
    http://docakilah.wordpress.com/2011/...-item-this-is/

I did not know about mechanically separated meat until I read this article.
    So glad I eat fast food only occasionally.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chicken-nugget-paste.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	9092811

This is what Chicken McNuggets are made of.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

So. Do you want me to show you what goes into sausage?
      Anyway, most formed chicken products, including many chicken patties are made from slurry. Yum Yum.
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I don't care what they're made of. They're tasty.

You're like a kid who stops eating his favorite food after he finds out it contains spinach.

(xpost)
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

On another note, this is a new record--a MrFun thread that has nothing to do with gays or republicans.

Comment

Text describes the process of producing mechanically separated chicken?

Origins: Mechanically separated meat (MSM) and mechanically separated poultry (MSP) are terms used to refer to products created by mechanization which allows meat processors to recover edible meat tissue from the carcasses of animals. Prior to the mid-20th century, a good deal of meat scraps and tissue from food animals such as cows, pigs, chickens, and turkeys went to waste because
            processors had no efficient means of separating it from the bones after the rest of the meat had been removed from carcasses. This recovery process was largely done manually (when it was undertaken at all) until the development of machines in the 1960s that automated the process, making it faster, cheaper, and higher-yielding.

Mechanically separated meat is a paste-like or batter-like meat product created by forcing unstripped bones under high pressure through a type of sieve to separate edible meat tissue (including tendons and muscle fiber) from the bones. Contrary to what is claimed above, the process does not involve the grinding up of entire animal carcasses ("bones, eyes, guts, and all") into one large, amorphous glob of meat; it is a technique for removing what is left on the bones of a carcass after all other processing has been completed. Also, although beef producers commonly treat meat products with small amounts of ammonium hydroxide as an anti-microbial agent, meat and poultry processors do not routinely soak MSM or MSP in ammonia.

MSM is typically used in cheaper meat products (such as hot dogs, chicken nuggets, and frozen dinners) which need not retain the appearance, shape, or texture of "regular" meat. In order to satisfy consumer preferences, food producers may utilize additives in MSM-derived products in order to alter their color, taste, or texture.

(Although McDonald's Chicken McNuggets are typically offered as an example of a popular MSP-based food, since 2003 that product has been made with all white meat rather than MSP. Also, in January 2012 McDonald's announced that they had ceased using ammonium hydroxide-treated beef in their hamburgers.)

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), mechanically separated poultry is safe to eat and may be used without restriction, however in commercial food products it must be labeled as such:
            Mechanically separated poultry (MSP) is a paste-like and batter-like poultry product produced by forcing bones, with attached edible tissue, through a sieve or similar device under high pressure to separate bone from the edible tissue. Mechanically separated poultry has been used in poultry products since the late 1960's. In 1995, a final rule on mechanically separated poultry said it was safe and could be used without restrictions. However, it must be labeled as "mechanically separated chicken or turkey" in the product's ingredients statement. The final rule became effective November 4, 1996. Hot dogs can contain any amount of mechanically separated chicken or turkey.
            However, due to concerns over the spread of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (commonly known as "mad cow disease"), the sale of MSM-derived beef products for human consumption in the U.S. was banned in 2004:
            In 1982, a final rule published by FSIS (the Food Safety and Inspection Service) on mechanically separated meat said it was safe and established a standard of identity for the food product. Some restrictions were made on how much can be used and the type of products in which it can be used. These restrictions were based on concerns for limited intake of certain components in MSM, like calcium.

Due to FSIS regulations enacted in 2004 to protect consumers against Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, mechanically separated beef is considered inedible and is prohibited for use as human food. It is not permitted in hot dogs or any other processed product.

Mechanically separated pork is permitted and must be labeled as "mechanically separated pork" in the ingredients statement. Hot dogs can contain no more than 20% mechanically separated pork.
            Answer: it's not a McDonalds food item.

Also, the article doesn't really make an argument against eating the substance beyond "EEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!". Well, homosexuality is unnatural and wrong because I think it's gross. So there.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]171200[/ATTACH]

This is what Chicken McNuggets are made of.
              No. Chicken McNuggets are made out of white meat. Don't you have a history degree? According to Ben Kenobi that means you know how to research.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                “Hey Bruce? How do they get rid of the freakish pink color?”

Dude? That’s what dye is for. So in order to get people to devour this crap, they dye it with artificial colors in order to give it that white texture.

I imagine the same whitening effect would be caused by, you know, cooking it.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I'm really enjoying the OP's such multifaceted wrongness.

Comment

Has every gay poster started this thread or something?
                    http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...all-scream-for...

Comment

I find it rather unbelievable that the main argument here is that McDonald's doesn't do it anymore. Reassuring indeed
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I thought the main argument was "who gives a ****." Chicken nuggets are delicious.

Basically the article is saying "you know those parts of the chicken that don't sound appetizing? Well, surprise, we've found a way to make them taste good!"
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

When the first line in the thread is "Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?" The fact that they don't do it anymore is kind of an important aspect.
                          You should read a bit more carefully.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                            I find it rather unbelievable that the main argument here is that McDonald's doesn't do it anymore. Reassuring indeed
                            Why do you need to reassured that they don't separate the last bits of meat from the bone? I guess you'd prefer if that meat went to waste because you hate the environment and want to consume as many resources as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                              I thought the main argument was "who gives a ****." Chicken nuggets are delicious.

Basically the article is saying "you know those parts of the chicken that don't sound appetizing? Well, surprise, we've found a way to make them taste good!"
                              Morons don't give a **** indeed.

When the first line in the thread is "Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?" The fact that they don't do it anymore is kind of an important aspect.
                              You should read a bit more carefully.

It speaks volumes about what McDonald's is all about.
                              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                              X