The Get Me A Girlfriend in 2012 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    Learning about relationships is trial and error but mostly error until you've ****ed up enough you manage to get it right.
    Amen to that. You usually end up ****ing a few along the way until you finally figure out what's going on - that's part of the fun!
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      It's really the only thing he can do to salvage the situation. Invite her out and hope she thinks he was just taking a piss earlier.
      She's out of town for the weekend. Will have to wait later.

I'm debating if I should say something like "Yeah I figured out where I'm going to watch the game. What are you going to be doing?" She'll say she's in Virginia with her sister or something... or should I not bother saying that just for the sake of keeping dialogue open? I know I can bounce back questions and we can actually have a whole facebook convo over that (should I do this?)... or should I not bother and just hit her up on facebook in a few days with a date plan?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

She's in her sister's vagina!? Ask if there's room for a little one...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

"What are you going to be doing?" is a bad response. Why not just be direct and say "I was thinking on watching the game at ____. Would you like to go too?"
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            My friend told me when I sent her a message to say, "Are you the girl ***** told me about? He told me you were cuter, though". I didn't have the guts to do that, though.
            What kind of deranged dick-cheese says that to a woman, except to insult her? And what kind of woman tolerates that kind of treatment? If women around Philly respond to that in a positive way, that's just one more sign you need to get out of Philly. If not, you need to get new friends who don't set you up for a slap in the face so they can laugh at you. Or maybe just smarter friends. I don't know.

It sounds like negging.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It sounds like douche behavior. But let's consider that this is a friend of al's.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                "What are you going to be doing?" is a bad response. Why not just be direct and say "I was thinking on watching the game at ____. Would you like to go too?"
                I already know she's not going to be able to go. She's in a different state!

And I'm not going to watch the game with just her at some sports bar. My tv at home is bigger. And no, I'm not inviting her here for various reasons.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                  It sounds like douche behavior. But let's consider that this is a friend of al's.

I agree it is douche behaviour. It is a narcissistic attempt to misuse psychology.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    She's out of town for the weekend. Will have to wait later.

I'm debating if I should say something like "Yeah I figured out where I'm going to watch the game. What are you going to be doing?" She'll say she's in Virginia with her sister or something... or should I not bother saying that just for the sake of keeping dialogue open? I know I can bounce back questions and we can actually have a whole facebook convo over that (should I do this?)... or should I not bother and just hit her up on facebook in a few days with a date plan?
                    Honestly, even if you know she can't make it it's better to keep the dialogue going. Tell her what your plans are to watch the game, ask her if she'd like to join you, and tell her you were just having a bit of fun earlier and you hope you didn't scare her off.If she asks blame it on your mutual friend saying he said she liked guy who acted like jerks but it didn't feel natural to you and you hope she'd still like to go out for a drink/coffee/what not. Don't drop a huge date plan on her just say you'd like to go for a cup of coffee or a drink or what not and then when you're actually on the date say you know a great restaurant/show/whatever you have planned and ask her if she'd like to check it out. Nine times out of ten she'll say yes and then you just go do it together.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS View Post
                      This. Be direct and simply ask her if she'd like to go with you.

Comment

• Me: Yeah I'm probably going to go to my boy's house. What are you going to be doing?
                        Her: I have no plans yet so I'm not really sure. I probably won't know til Sunday afternoon ha

Now what?

I was thinking to just leave this alone and ask her if she'd like to meet up next week (chill somewhere after she gets out of work or something). Or should I make a comment about if she's the impulsive type?

Comment

• It's like talking to a brick wall. What did we say about being direct? It's too late now so don't worry about it but for future reference it's "would you like to come with me" not "what are you doing".

Don't send this until others have chimed in (I've been known to be wrong a time or two ) but maybe consider saying something "Ahh, but meeting you was going to be the highlight of my Sunday. I guess I'll just have to content myself with beer, hotwings, and football... If you did come though I could promise to show you my best Jacky Gleeson impression. I've been told it's a sight to see." Change the big surprise/impression to what ever you want but it really doesn't matter what it is because your goal is to show you're being playful and you really want her to go and doing it in a way that doesn't sound pathetic.

Like I said, wait for the others to chime in first as I'm four lagers in and might be talking out of my ass. Talking out of my ass has worked before though.
                          Last edited by Dinner; February 3, 2012, 21:35.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            It's like talking to a brick wall. What did we say about being direct? It's too late now so don't worry about it but for future reference it's "would you like to come with me" not "what are you doing".
                            Dude, if she said yes, I'd be screwed because I'm not going to no one's house! I'm not bringing her around my friends, either. She's not the right type.

Now, I need something in response. You can help or keep insulting

Comment

• So what? If she agrees then the day of just say change of plans and have a good back up plan. It's not like she knows your friends or cares about them. The key is to get her to say yes then when she's there you already know she's some what interested so just being together and having a bit of fun is what's key.

Comment

• What the **** is this?

"Ahh, but meeting you was going to be the highlight of my Sunday. I guess I'll just have to content myself with beer, hotwings, and football... If you did come though I could promise to show you my best Jacky Gleeson impression. I've been told it's a sight to see."
                                What the hell? Is that how you talk? My god, Jackie Gleason? I don't even know who he is but he DIED 3 freaking years after I was BORN... and you want me to make references that I don't even understand?

I appreciate the attempt at help. I do. But please frame your help to be appropriate for someone in their 20's in the year 2012 in freaking Philadelphia and appropriate for coming out of my mouth.

You're telling me to be sincere but giving me the most out of character material possible that will go over my head and hers.

Look, **** the Super Bowl. It was either I go to her thing or not at all. I'm not going to a sports bar with her just me and her and I'm not bringing her to the ghetto. At this point I'm asking do I say something about her being the impulsive type to keep the convo maybe going or do I just be direct about seeing her availability next week for us to meet up?

Comment

Working...
                                X