How long do I have to live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you quoted my point

Our evolution was centered around eating plants until recently so I'm not surprised to see how much they matter to a good diet.

Comment

Anyway, the key is to cut down on the sugars or near-sugars (carbs). That and exercise is what seems to lower cholesterol.

Actual cholesterol intake seemed to have no impact on my blood cholesterol levels, so I can eat meat and cheeses no problem. Vegetables are good and can be eaten without moderation. But avoid carrots, because they are relatively high in sugar.

The problem is that supermarkets are chock full of sugar and carbs -- even supposed health food stores. It takes some searching to find foods that you like and won't kill you.
      Last edited by DanS; January 21, 2012, 01:28.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
        lack of fiber, artificial sweeteners or sugar or high fructose corn syrup

beer's better
        No. Scotch is better. You may also use a bit of water, or even ice, if you want.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

your trigs can drop easy in a few months if you workout like mad
          mine would go as high as 300 or so and as low as 40's or 50's
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

work out?

Take a pill...live forever.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
              The problem is that supermarkets are chock full of sugar and carbs -- even supposed health food stores. It takes some searching to find foods that you like and won't kill you.
              Supermarkets are indeed dangerous places with all those foods that kill you. Only last week a particularly murderous jar of peanut butter chased me down the street.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                work out?

Take a pill...live forever.
                errm
                have you seen the commercials?
                may cause dry mouth, a rash, ball cancer, stroke, pulmonary embolism
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  errm
                  have you seen the commercials?
                  may cause dry mouth, a rash, ball cancer, stroke, pulmonary embolism
                  Crap...I thought that was just dry skin.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                  X