How long do I have to live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do no harm! Do no harm!
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Buy a couple water bottle, and make sure you fill them up and drink them everyday. That'll help quench your thirst without reaching for a soda. Buy some bags of microwaveable mixed veggies. Broccoli, carrots, peas, are all awesome for you. Green beans and corn aren't really that great, but they're a couple steps up from Five Guys. When it's time for dinner, cook one up, eat that **** without drenching it in butter or cheese, and then top it off with whatever you like. Guy might not agree, but you don't have to actually cut out all junk food, you just have to make them a smaller part of your diet. If you cut back on the processed foods from 80% to 20% of your total calories, you'll see a real difference.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

...pot?
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That goes without saying. Weed is a leafy green vegetable after all.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            Am I going to die?

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            I don't take responsibility.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Just got test results in the mail from my doctor.

Cholesterol: 259
              Triglycerides: 254
              HDL: 40
              LDL: 168
              TSH: 2.92

I have a family history of heart disease, too.

Am I going to die? Should I start popping pills? Should I go on some crazy diet? Apolyton, my life is in your hands.
              Why can't you yanks use standardized numbers ?

When I had my attacks my cholesterol number was just below 6 and the docs want it around 2 (can't remember the HDL/LDL ratio).

Guy, can you say something about the different ways of representing this ?
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

According to this website, it's mg/dL in the US versus mmol/L in Europe.

Comment

Just got test results in the mail from my doctor.

Cholesterol: 259
                  Triglycerides: 254
                  HDL: 40
                  LDL: 168
                  TSH: 2.92

I have a family history of heart disease, too.

Am I going to die? Should I start popping pills? Should I go on some crazy diet? Apolyton, my life is in your hands.
                  Points and laughs:
                  Ha Ha, I weight over 300LBs and my cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL are around or less than half yours, and HDL is better. I had a large cheeseburger and cheese nachos for lunch today, and typically have mexican food around 6 times a week, inbetween bacon, suasage, pork, steaks, and Italian food.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

When I was 50, I went in for a complete cardio workup, all the way to inject dye and lie in the scanner after the treadmill to image the arteries and veins. The doc was a bit non-plussed. He basically said, in more polite language, that it was contrary to the decency and justice of the universe that such a fat sedentary slob should have such fine cardio-vascular health.
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      Juice is not your friend.
                      An important point. And bread is no better (well, maybe slightly better).
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

No juice? Fine, bread and water it is.
                        No bread!

Vegetables, chicken and fish, water, and exercise.

If your Jewish-loving co-worker gets you bagels and lox, eat the lox and nothing else
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

What exactly is wrong with juice? Sugar?

Comment

What exactly is wrong with juice? Sugar?
                            yes. It's also nutritionally empty compared to actual fruit which you should have in moderation.
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Even 100% Orange Juice?

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola View Post
                                When I was 50, I went in for a complete cardio workup, all the way to inject dye and lie in the scanner after the treadmill to image the arteries and veins. The doc was a bit non-plussed. He basically said, in more polite language, that it was contrary to the decency and justice of the universe that such a fat sedentary slob should have such fine cardio-vascular health.
                                Someone should study your DNA.

Comment

Working...
                                X