Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we legislate laws in U.S. based on the Bible . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes, EVERYONE considers things MORALLY WRONG today. that was NOT THE ****ING POINT, the point was how utterly bizarre tribal sectionalism forced culture and religion to be in the historical period -- but furthermore, I AM NOT GOING TO BE DRAGGED TO ANOTHER IRRELEVANT HISTORICAL NIT-PICKING CONTEST with guys who are reading the conventional wisdom from wikipedia on the go because i've encountered that for like 20 times in a row now in this site. here was i expecting a some sort of theological debate on how religions evolve and there's a knee-jerk "HURR DONTCHAKNOW NOBODY THINKS THATS RITE"-response.

**** it, won't bother. i am a BIG ****ING IDIOT for WASTING MY TIME here
    Last edited by RGBVideo; February 5, 2012, 01:40.

Comment

• Um... you realize that EVERYONE considers what Lot's daughters did to be WRONG behavior, right?

Even the Bible itself - Genesis 37 & 38 (the one right after what you quoted):

37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab[g]; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi[h]; he is the father of the Ammonites[i] of today.
      As in the two of the greatest and most hated enemies of Israel. Seriously, if you are going to criticize the Old Testament (and in plenty of places it does deserve it), at least due it intelligently!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Incest? Wrong in the Old Testament? So then why did God only make two people? That guarantees incest will occur.

Comment

• I enjoy how VJ basically deleted edited his post because he got destroyed in argument.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            Incest? Wrong in the Old Testament? So then why did God only make two people? That guarantees incest will occur.
            Not incest in and of itself, per se, but the nonconsential sex stuff. Though by the time Israel was a nation, incest in immediate family contexts were considered against the Law (though one wonders if that means that the Jews then thought as many Jews and Christians do now that Adam and Eve all that was more allegorical than historical).

Comment

Working...
            X