No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more than a little disappointed that my superfecta four-play of the the oldest living Academy Award winner, Nobelist, current-or-former Congressman, and Baseball Hall of Famer turned up ****-all last year.

So, naturally, I'm going double or nothing.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
      Nobody outsiders complained so far about this pool that it is tasteless
      That takes a bit of the fun away. Can someone please whine at least a tad bit?
      It's tasteless. I would have complained sooner but I was always under the impression that was the whole point. (Of Poly too for that matter.)

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
          It's as tasteful as tasteless can be.
          You have obviously never seen me in a muu muu.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

There's a visual that I didn't need.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I'd be interested to see how our picks compare to some of the bigtime, long-running dead pools out there.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Fidel Castro can't live forever
                I need a foot massage

Comment

Cutting-edge Cuban medicine says otherwise.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    I'd be interested to see how our picks compare to some of the bigtime, long-running dead pools out there.
                    The 2011 Derby winner had 12 hits.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      Cutting-edge Cuban medicine says otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                        The 2011 Derby winner had 12 hits.
                        Out of 20 picks? That's amazing. Is that a typical result?
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm hoping things heat up in Syria so I can bag Bashir Asad.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Out of 20 picks? That's amazing. Is that a typical result?
                            They don't have a yearly breakdown on their site.

From their record book it appears 13 is the most they have had in a year and several players have scored 12 hits.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              I'm hoping things heat up in Syria so I can bag Bashir Asad.
                              Nope. He's off to a life of exile before he follows the Khadafi example.

Comment

Lat year's winner of the Lee Atwater Invitational had 8 out of 10.

7-9 is normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X